I sometimes do all-calls for writers. Today, I'm doing a little all-call for editing.
My normal editor is holy shit overbooked right now. But I need someone for an upcoming project. It'd be a pretty tiny thing, like 20,000 words. But, a good trial for other stuff down the line.
Things I'd love to see, but it isn't necessary to meet all these requirements. I repeat: Not all required. Just bonus points if so.
1) Familiar with World of Darkness. Specifically Vampire: The Masquerade.
2) Someone that's done editing work before. If you can point to something published, that makes my life easier.
3) English background. If you have college experience, awesome. But not necessary.
4) Collaborative. I really like when editors can provide suggestions to make content read better; I am perfectly capable of checking the green and red squiggly lines in Microsoft Word.
5) Someone with an eye to formatting. A lot of what I need is things like adherence to capitalisation guidelines for a specific game line, and style guide stuff specific to our products.
6) Access to Microsoft Word. You can technically do this work in LibreOffice and stuff like that. But, it fusses with our in-house styles when most people do it like nine times out of ten. I don't know why that is; I've done it successfully in the past. But if you have Word, that's super helpful.
This would probably be a June project, I expect. MAYBE late May. It'd have to be done pretty quickly, like within a week or two after the project goes to you. But, it's only like 20,000 words as I said before.
If you're interested, hit me up at MachineIV@Gmail.com. Tell me about yourself, and in particular those points above. If you've worked with me before, that's fine too. Hit me up.