Bertrand Piccard took off from Cairo at about 2am local time and the flight to Abu Dhabi is expected to take about 50 hours.
As of right now, the airplane is flying south from Cairo. According to the website they will shortly make a turn, fly across the Red Sea, then cross the Arabian Peninsula.
You can follow the details at http://solarimpulse.com/rtw
With this - Trump is looking to destroy the system that's meant to prevent future world wars. NATO's purpose is a united defense of Europe, with Europe/USA/etc working together on that project. Oh, and to defend Europe from Russia. The key is that all countries in NATO defend all other countries in NATO. But to renege on that promise would... uh...
This guy is dangerous and must be stopped.
- LongTailPipe.comBlogger, 2009 - present
- V is for Voltage - http://visforvoltage.orgOwner, 2006 - presentOwner of online discussion forum focusing on electric bicycles, electric scooters, electric motorcycles, electric cars, etc
- examiner.com - writerGreen Transportation Examiner, 2009 - presentCovering news about Green Transportation, Green Living and the Environment
- PacktBook author, 2011 - 2013Written Node Web Development, an introductory guide to software development with Node.js. First version was in 2011, second version was in 2013.
- PlugInCars.comReporter, 2013 - 2014News and journalism covering the electric vehicle scene.
- RecargoWebsite Developer, 2013 - 2014Upgrading look/feel/implementation of PlugInCars.com, one of the leading news and information websites in the electric vehicle field. This means Drupal theming work.
- TorqueNewsReporter, 2011 - 2014News and journalism about electric vehicles, focusing specifically on Tesla Motors
- Charged EV's MagazineWriter, 2012 - 2014Magazine articles covering the unfolding electric vehicle scene
- YahooPrinciple Engineer - Mobile Test Software Automation, 2009 - 2011Architect of Software Quality Engineering for Yahoo's Node.js hosting stack
- Sun MicrosystemsStaff Engineer, 1998 - 2009Architect of Software Quality Engineering for the Java SE platform.
- VXtremeSenior Software Engineer, 1996 - 1997Software engineer developing video streaming server software
- MainSoftSenior Software Engineer, 1994 - 1996Software engineer developing GUI toolkit for Unix/X11 that's compatible with WIN32 API.
- The Wollongong GroupSenior Software Engineer, 1990 - 1994Software engineer developing X.400/RFC-822 compatible email systems.
Software engineer, most recently with Yahoo working on their Node.js stack; formerly with Sun working in the Java SE team
Software Quality Engineering Test Automation Architect
Author of a Node.js book, Node Web Development
Blogging about Sustainability issues, Green Transportation, the full-life-cycle of the transportation system, and technology and other stuff
Helping to launch Transition Silicon Valley and Transition Mountain View (Transition Towns movement)
Developer of Java's java.awt.Robot class
- Univ of KentuckyComputer Science, 1981 - 1988
- Barbara Brennan School of Healing
Fox News’ demented poster boy: Why angry rancher Cliven Bundy is no patriot
The right's new fixation: An angry old white man who thinks freedom means not having to follow the law
Celebrating Craig Childers: A Powerful Force for Electric Car Legislatio...
The electric car world lost one of its great unsung heroes on Aug. 22, when Craig Childers died at the age of 57. Childers—a rare breed of h
Mission Motors teases highest performance electric vehicle ever
Coming June 3, Mission Motors promises to unveil the most advanced production motorcycle, that will also be the highest performance electric
Transcript: GM CEO Daniel Akerson at Brainstorm Green - Fortune Tech
General Motors CEO Daniel Akerson joined Fortune's Geoff Colvin on stage at the Fortune Brainstorm Green conference. He shared his perspecti
Obama rejects Keystone XL project while staying in bed with the oil indu...
Today the Obama Administration released a statement rejecting the Keystone XL pipeline project citing obstructionist Republicans. The anno
Ford, GM, Toyota, Nissan following different paths to electric car nirvana
If electric cars are our future, the automakers are following different paths to that goal, where most are focusing attention on one or two
The Long Tail Pipe: Ultra low energy required, high fun and exercise
Cargo bicycles are a great way to get around, do some shopping, catch some fresh air, exercise the legs, contribute to our city being a nice
The Long Tail Pipe: Is GM going to build the Chevy Volt in China, and do...
Reports have been circulating since last year that GM is planning to move electric car development and/or manufacturing to China. In some ci
The Long Tail Pipe: Electric cars do not have a virtual coal tender that...
Are electric car sales "bogged down" and "slow"? It depends on whether you compare sales figures to sales of equivalent gasoline cars, or wh
The Long Tail Pipe: Transportation infrastructure creates JOBS that Amer...
Transportation infrastructure creates JOBS that America needs, and cements in place certain transportation choices. There are a pair of comp
The Long Tail Pipe: Re: The American Way to Natural Gas Vehicles -- and ...
On the Motley Fool is a piece about how Heckmann Corporation is looking to expand the use of liquified natural gas use in big trucks. The st
The Long Tail Pipe: Why are Ford and Toyota teaming up on hybrid truck d...
Why are Ford and Toyota teaming up on hybrid truck development? It's the new 54.5 MPG CAFE Standards! The other day Ford and Toyota anno
Electric race cars from Yokohama and Kleenspeed at REFUEL 2012
While there are plenty of electric cars being built nowadays, there are few outright electric race cars in existence, so it was rare that tw
Tesla Motors reports massive losses for 2012, profitability in 1st quart...
Tesla Motors' management expects to immediately shift from massive losses while preparing for Model S sales, to immediately become profitabl
Honda upgrades rare earth metals recycling from used nickel-metal hybrid...
Rare earth metal recycling could resolve a geopolitical power headache, and Honda's new process is a big step in that direction.
Blink and ChargePoint join for electric car charging station sharing
The two companies will mitigate one of the frustration points of electric car ownership, the necessity to join multiple charging station net