I DONE JUST MESSED UP... !
1940 Gillette Tech Ball
Astra Platinum Superior Blade (1)
L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Maggard Razors Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accouterments Deja Fougeré soap
Phoenix Artisan Accouterments Deja Fougeré Aftershave / Cologne
This is gonna be difficult. This was the best shave I've had in a long time. What helps is that for the past 13 consecutive days I've shaved with unscented soap and aftershave. I've not been blessed with the apocathary effects of scented soap or aftershave or cologne for 2 weeks! My nose is severely, absorbing the scents like never before!L'Occitane Plisson
- I've finally hit my stride with this brush. I've hated it up till yesterday's shave. I've learned what it likes. Soft - yet violent loading and soft yet ultra violent face lathering. It lathered like a dream... fast! Shocked...Deja Fougeré Soap
- Phenomenal performance. Soft croap. Easy load (but I still loaded like I hated it). Here we go. The bust of Lavender, clary sage, and pineapple bust you in the face as sophisticated and lightly sweet scent. Slightly earthy, slightly herbal, definitely floral, and slightly sweet. If Sangre De Drago is the King Kong of sandalwoods, then Deja Fougeré would be the Godzilla of Fougeré.
Yes, I have sniffed Martin Luther De Candré fougere... I'm not $60.00 worth of impressed (though it lathers $45's worth). Yes, I'm saying it... I like this better than my sliver sample of MDC fougere...but of course lol... YMMV!Astra Blade
- It cut the hairs...what can I say? Lol! I think astra is the best budget blade available. 100pk for $14 at 6 - 10 shaves each... that's easily a year per box. Value + Good Performance = Buy It!Maggard Razors Alum Block
- It's alum, what can I say? Lol! I use it after a warm water rinse then an ice cold face rinse. Since I had one weeper it was amazing to see how in 5 seconds the alum sealed up my skin and sit down the bleeding near instantly! Alum tightens, disinfects, and heals skin after shaving. At $4.95 is a good value from maggard razors.Deja Fougeré Aftershave / Cologne
- High Lavender, High Sage, Light Hay, Meduim Pineapple, High Performance and Longevity! This stuff is not normal. If this is similar to what Royal Fougeré by Hoibigant made... then this is crack. Only Sangre De Drago has this level of aromatic sophistication. The notes actually play together in a very alluring way. It's the feeling i get when wearing Sharp Dressed Man and the monster Executive Man... my nose is taken on a journey to discover all the notes. I can't but I still try. The scent profile changes throughout the day for sure. It becomes a bit soft woodsy (probably the Hay scent). It just does things to the olfactory pallette. Well done. Having shaved last night I'm still smelling the few drops I applied to my face. My only complaint would be I need more moisturizing properties. This is where a Deja Fougeré Aftershave Balm would be the ultimate finisher. Like Mortal Kombat, a balm would utterly rip the spine out. Great scent. Can't say enough!1940 Gillette Tech Ball
- Now for the grand champ of this shave!
Awesome razor! SHAME ON YOU GILLETTE!
Your very existence is due to razors like this! How do you treat people? Five bladed cartridge monstrosities that look like King Ghidirah...the multi-headed dragon that fought Godzilla (a dragon with one head)... and lost!
This razor is old, ugly, mild, gentle effecient (or maybe I just had the angle perfect on my first try!), and makes you feel like an accomplished man, that will stand the test of time and can pee standing upright with one leg up! Though this razor is mild, its more aggressive than the Phoenix Double Open Comb razor by Phoenix Artisan Accouterments. The straight saftey bar makes the shave feel very comfortable. I did get one weeper, an ingrown hair has been trying to make a hill... and I leveled it a bit (albeit painlessly) cause I didn't watch my pressure. I really feel bad for my other razors. They may not see my stubble much. In two passes I was Baby Butt Smooth. With no irritation (sept my leveled hill)! Here's my true thoughts... in 2 Shane's with this razor, I can say this. If I were on an trapped on an island for 30 years and had only one razor, this would be it with no regrets. Its not as mild as the DOC but it's more effecient as I didn't shimm it. This is the razor that I'll be using exclusively till the 24th... I can tell you now, my joy is just beginning! This would make an excellent entry level razor! $14.00 well spent! I want 3 more for backup! Shame on you Gillette! #GilletteLegend