I'm an Industrial/Organizational Psychologist by training, a Management Consultant and Software entrepreneur by profession but a volunteer, photographer, writer and activist by inclination.
______TEN THINGS ABOUT ME
1. Delighted by most things creative including photography, fine art, theater, performance art, novels, movies and opera.
2. Thrilled to witness others thinking differently, solving old problems in new ways, defying tradition and breaking out of the corporate box.
3. At times, easily distracted by high tech gizmos, popular culture, foreign affairs and world events.
4. Curious about how things work, question what things mean and look deeper into what really is going on.
5. Usually not so trusting of official interpretations and accounts.
6. Sometimes wonder about the very purpose of life itself.
7. Alternately cynical and optimistic.
8. When I remember, awestruck by the miracle of our conscious awareness – our ability to think and be self aware.
9. Appreciate each new day as offering opportunity anew - a chance to do things differently and hopefully better than the prior day.
10. Simplified life by possessing only two email addresses, one phone number and zero automobiles.
\A LIFE OF CHANGE_________________________
_\From Los Angeles to Knoxville Tennessee to San Francisco.
__\From Art and Film Making to Psychology.
___\From Research Psychology to Applied Psychology.
____\From Psychology to Software Technology.
_____\From Technology to the Written, Spoken and Visual Arts.
______\From a Professional Career to Depression to Recovery.
_______\From Living Large to Micro-Financed Simplicity.
________\From Self Indulgence to Service to Others.
_________\From Unquestioning Acceptance to Inquiry.
__________\From Belief in the System to Activism.
___________\From Security to Freedom.
Photography, Art, Politics, Science, Technology, History, Nature, Writing, Cooking, Farmers markets, Nature, Animals, Electric cars, Mobile computing, Chocolate, Wikipedia and Trader Joes.
Norman Borlaug, Dean Kamen, Kathryn Bigelow, Lucy Stone, Ceasar Chavez, Martin Luther King, Jr., Linus Torvalds, Jack LaLanne, Steven Spielberg, Stephen Wolfram, Bill Clinton, Bono, Amy Goodman, Noam Chomsky, Daniel Ellsberg, Bradley Manning, Julian Assange and Tim DeChristopher.
Evolving and exploring = God is everywhere + God is hard to find + Miracles happen + Grace exists + Angels guard + Forgiveness Heals + Love enriches
People and the Environment before profits. Freedom over security. Human needs over corporate needs. Respect the US Constitution. Respect the environment even if its inconvenient or expensive. Libertarian when it comes to how we live, what we do with our bodies or what we put into our bodies.
______FAVORITE MUSICIANS AND BANDS
Stephen Sondheim, George Gershwin, Giacomo Puccini, Miles Davis, Jean Sibelius, Philip Glass, Aaron Copland, U2, Nina Simone, George Winston, John Coltrane, Led Zeppelin, Leonard Cohen, Antonio Vivaldi, Bob Dylan, Jay Trainer Band, Tangerine Dream, Toshi, Johann Sebastian Bach, Neil Young, Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Ludwig van Beethoven, William Ackerman, The Doors, Vangelis, The Rolling Stones, Giuseppe Verdi, R. Crumb & His Cheap Suit Serenaders, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
Neuromancer, Catcher In The Rye, Catch-22, Herzog, Moby Dick, Naked Lunch, Cannery Row, The Difference Engine, The Gulag Archipelago, In Defense of Food, Guns, Germs, and Steel, Sophie's Choice, Travels with Charley, The Grapes of Wrath, Of Mice and Men, Tortilla Flat, Junky.
______SOME OF THE PLACES I WORKED
University of San Francisco, NCR (Hong Kong), NEC (Roseville, CA), Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce (Toronto, Canada), SkopBank (Helsinki, Finland), The State Bank of NSW (Sydney, Australia) and also as a consultant to the United States Air Force (Dayton, Ohio).
______WHAT I VALUE THE MOST
For me, the best things in life are:
♥ Smiles, Laughter and Hugs from Friends.
♥ Encouragement and Collaboration from my Community.
♥ Social Justice aspired to and then Realized.
♥ Immersion and escape in the fictional reality of Movies.
♥ Wisdom and Insight from Literature.
♥ Soul stirring Joy from Music.
♥ Sensual Pleasures of texture, taste, aroma and sight of Food.
♥ Creative Spectacle from Art.
♥ Bliss and Serenity from Nature.
I hope to never take for granted the abundance surrounding me of good friends, community, art, music, food, literature, home and health.