View 17 previous comments
- I'm not going to argue about the weight. I've read about 5 different weights listed for him (including the 170 that his best friend gave), and I've watched the surveillance footage. There's not enough to say specifically what he weighed, but what is clear is that he was significantly larger than Trayvon, and armed. Now I get that you're Mr. Conservative white man, but get real. If this was black on black, or white on white, you know you'd be saying there is more than enough evidence to hang Zimmerman. Even his self-defense story has been blown between the eye-witness accounts, and the new footage of him at the police station without a mark on him.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/29/george-zimmerman-video-outrage-where-are-injuries-from-travyon-fight.htmlMar 29, 2012
- Kingston.. I was actually citing Florida's manslaughter law (which is in the 2nd degree) ; text book definition and yes I did study law. No sense in debating an opinion of what the law is vs. Factually what the letter of the law is. I summarized 1st degree murder as you mentioned previously that he could or should be prosecuted for a capital offense. The one witness is a pre-teen who @ this point in nameless ( for his/her protection ) and he stated a story that supported Zimmerman's claim. I for one don't agree with the argument as an unarmed kid was shot and killed. But again no sense debating the applicable law in Florida as it's clear to the folks that will try him in court (potentially)... Event does just stink.. So we shouldn't be wrapped up on this point, rather that an unarmed youth was shot and killed... (My opinion solely)Mar 29, 2012
- Don't take my comments as a statement of guilt or innocence mr. Kingston Hawke. Based on a comment about weight, you have already concluded that I think Zimmerman is innocent, and that I am conservative. The only thing that you know for sure about me is that I'm white. That assuming I have posted my own picture, which I have. You on the other hand seem to have, with out evidence, come to the conclusion that I in fact think that Zimmerman is innocent, and that I'm a conservative, yet there is no evidence to support either claim. Which is exactly my point. We have yet to hear the "real" evidence regarding this terrible tragedy. So you know where I stand, let me say this, I think charges, and an arrest, should have been made the very night the shooting occurred. Unfortunately, as the police have done neither, they must now maintain their need to justify their actions of not making an arrest. As far as guilt or innocence goes, neither you or I are qualified to make the determination, as we were not there. We can only hope that the "real" evidence will in fact be determined, and justice served. As for me being conservative, I'll just leave that to your imagination. Good luck.Mar 29, 2012
- Roger... You are aware that your profile is public right? I didn't call you "Mr. Conservative" because you are white, nice try though. Oh yeah, and I didn't conclude that you think Zimmerman is innocent, I assumed that you felt that there weren't enough facts to form a preliminary opinion yet... pretty sure that assumption was right on the money. Or maybe you're also unaware of what the word "conservative" means. Smh
Javier... The witness you are referring to is a 13 year old boy named Austin Brown who wanted to be referred to as "John" at the time in an effort to stay anonymous. People are saying that his story corroborates Zimmerman's because that's what the cops reported. But if you listen to the police call, or hear what the witness' own family have to say, it's the complete opposite.
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/28/10909475-witness-mom-says-police-told-her-trayvon-martin-shooting-wasnt-self-defenseMar 29, 2012
- Kingston, you're a funny guy. Yes I'm well aware that my profile is public. After all, I'm the one that put it there. The fact that you can garner facts from a nebulous google profile like mine, and then call me "Mr. Conservative", is hilarious. If that's all it takes, then I assume you are conservative as well.Mar 29, 2012
- Apr 11, 2012