RNA interference is a process in which particular gene expression is inhibited by the destruction of mRNA molecule.
This is used to prevent the infestation of plants by parasites especially nematodes.
In short, this method involves silencing of a specific mRNA due to a complementary dsRNA molecule that binds to mRNA prevents translation (silencing) and eventually destroys it.
RNAi takes place in all eukaryotic organisms as a method of cellular defense.
This video shows RNAi in action beautifully.
"Cookies are fickle and the advice out there is conflicting. Does more sugar make for crisper cookies? What about brown versus white? Does it matter how I incorporate the chocolate chips or whether the flour is blended in or folded? How about the butter: cold, warm, or melted?"
check out the science here:
- AgrosParisTech2004 - 2007
- Universite Paris DiderotPhD: Frontiers in Life Sciences, 2007 - 2010PhD work in the lab of Didier Mazel at the Institut Pasteur in Paris http://www.fdv-paris.org/en/ecole-doctorale-fdv
- Universite Paris DiderotMaster: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Life Science, 2006 - 2007http://www.aiv-paris.org/en/master-aiv/
- Institut PasteurHead of Lab, 2014 - present
- Rockefeller UniversityPostdoctoral Fellow, 2011 - 2014
- Institut PasteurPhD student, 2007 - 2010
- INRA VersaillesMaster student, 2006
EndlessForms.com - Design objects with evolution and 3D print them!
Evolve 3D objects the same way that plants and animals are bred. You pick the ones you like and they become the parents of the next generati
YouTube - NAO plays to... Connect4 (English version)
Create AccountSign In. Home. BrowseMoviesUpload. Hey there, this is not a commercial interruption. You're using an outdated browser, whi
Cheap power: An overnight revolution ( - Industry Verticals )
Cheap power: An overnight revolution ( Industry Verticals ) In a couple of weeks the world could be forever changed by power too cheap to me
AFP: Virgin aims for first space launch within a year
Web Images Videos Maps News Shopping Gmail more ▼. TranslateBooksFinanceScholarBlogs. YouTubeCalendarPhotosDocumentsReaderSitesGroups. even