It's one thing if the rules are changed to intentionally close an industry, but in this case food truck vending rules were created recently to open up opportunities for a new industry. So, if your entrepreneurial business analysis stated "we can't run a food truck if we follow the rules" then that would be a clear sign of a poor business opportunity to get into.
Finally, I think that since this is a relatively new industry for Chicago, growing pains will happen and there is plenty of room for improvements.
I view conflict as a form of decision-making. It is an opportunity that can be incredibly beneficial, but also incredibly detrimental. My goal is to help others through their conflicts to maximize the good and minimize the bad. My approach integrates both my experience and my education.
I have done consulting in Chicago, IL, Milwaukee, WI, and New Delhi, India. I have a Master in Dispute Resolution from Marquette University (May 2015; professional project focused on conflict decision-making), Master of Business Administration from the University of Illinois at Chicago (May 2011; concentrations in Management and Entrepreneurship), and a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts and Sciences from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (May 2006; majors in Political Science, distinction, and Classical Civilization).
- Marquette UniversityMaster of Dispute Resolution, 2011 - 2015
- University of Illinois at ChicagoMaster of Business Administration, 2009 - 2011
- University of Illinois at Urbana-ChampaignPolitical Science (Distinction) and Classical Civilization, 2001 - 2006
- David W. Angel ConsultingConsultant, 2011 - present
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater MilwaukeeProgram Coordinator - A&HHI, 2014 - 2015
- Center for PeacemakingAdministrative Assistant, 2012 - 2014
- Office of the Dean of Students, UICGraduate Assistant, 2009 - 2011
- Java Dragon, LLCChief Operating Manager, 2008 - 2010
- American InterContinental University, OnlineStudent Advisor, 2008 - 2008
- Healthcare Financial Resources, IncInsurance Billing and Claims Recovery Specialist, 2007 - 2008
- Conferences & Institutes, Office of Continuing Education, UIUCAcademic Hourly, 2006 - 2007