Yes +Leland LeCuyer
you are right! I'd thought that in +David Amerland
's world, thought was a prevailing mode of operation, but alas NO, it's just the same uninformed drivel found all over here regarding Google and Android on G+.
I'll now dissect your various points one by one until all you have left is well...well, nothing.
1) What culture of 'FEAR' +David Amerland
, your fear that Apple is right and Google stole major portions of UI/UX design for Android. Apple controls so that they can optimize the user experience or more precisely the 'Ease of Use'. Something Andriod simply hasn't caught up to yet. Google may have created a great GEEKfest tool, but that's hardly the same.
2) You've been watching that Lard-Arsed Mike Daisy, haven't you. It's simply a lie that Apple uses slave labor. If it's so, well then so is everybody else, so why would you care to single out only THE ONE. The ONE who is providing the only real innovation on the planet, with everyone else being at best fast followers. Let me break it down for you - Mac (generally speaking) iPod, iPhone, MB Air, iPad. retina screens, etc, etc, Hows that for production methods. The same ones that everybody else now uses. Hmmm...I wonder why that is?
3) Overpriced my arse, no one has been able to match the price of the iPad while coming close to the level of features, performance or usability. The same holds true for the iPhone - where any android phone that matches or exceeds - does so on price also. Ditto for the Air, as those ultra books cannot compete either on price or performance.
4) Huh? what's this anti competitiveness, with which you speak? Have they restrained or prevented any competitor from doing business. All the other bullish*t you've mentioned has nothing to do with competition. Now, with regards to those thoughts expressed; they provide the tools to their dev. and cust. which work seamlessly with their products. End of story, unless you think that, Ford should have to allow you to install Chevy engines in their vehicles. Porting Data, well it's called many names, but DRM is it's most famous, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 2000 practically demands it's use to ensure Copyright protection for distributers. Look at how much is baked into Windows 7 and there's even more to come in Windows 8. This is not an Apple problem but rather an industry problem.
5) HaHaHaa...stop it David, you're making my sides hurt from ROTFLMAO. Taking Data is Googles specialty and while you're pointing your finger at Apple there are 3 others pointing directly at Google. Apple has never sold my data nor have they ever attempted to Steal it under the guise of FREE. See here for my thoughts on this problem. https://plus.google.com/u/0/108502746339970270041/posts/eBJ8raxdQP6
I won't bother to answer the rest now as I believe that I've made my point with actual Fact. I'm very surprised that you +David Amerland
, one of my must trusted sources of information would not analyze this further than the simple regurgitation of proven liars such as Mike Daisy or the simple hit pieces that echo around here on G+. I'm sure you've gotten a lot of positive responses - i simply haven't the desire to read the 100+ erroneous comments contained here - but you must realize that this echo chamber, is a place where Google can do no wrong, at least not when it comes to Android. Nor worse APPLE.
I'd never expected you of all people would show such contempt prior to doing a comprehensive and thorough investigation. I say this as a friend...well at least I hope you know that I consider you my friend. As such, I feel duty bound to offset your bias, which you've worn on you sleeve, with my own bias in the attempt to help you see that the B&W that you see is actually 256bit color.
I've said all this, not because I believe in Apples litigation strategy, but because they have every right to pursue this method. Remember, SJ said in 2007 at the iPhone announcement that "Boy we've Patented it". It was explicitly stated then, that they were not going to allow the 1980s and the Microsoft ripoff to happen again.
Whether you disagree, or not,with this ban; Surely you must understand that without Apple those Galaxies wouldn't exist. I had only seen one tablet in the wild prior to the iPad announcement. At that showing, even I along with many of the Apple enthusiast, were disappointed in the use of iOS instead of the Mac. And what was up with that bezel. That ugly black border all around the screen. Well no tablet prior ever had that bezel while very single one since has. Now you might think that this is obvious, but I assure you it was not for those of us, the Apple followers, upon first seeing it, nor for anyone else. Not until you see and use it first hand, then it becomes so obvious as to become ridiculous. But again, it simply isn't/wasn't so prior. So based on that one element alone every other tablet in the world should be banned.
I am in no way advocating an outright ban on any competitive products, but am trying to help you see that without Apple - even if those 9 reasons were accurate (they are not) - we'd never have the sort of technology that we posses today.
I'll close by reiterating something I pointed out to my brother +Leland LeCuyer
only last week. Even without SJ, Apple was the most innovative company in the universe. Consider these 3 things and the way they foreshadowed and indeed inspired ALL of that, which was to follow 1) Hypercard 2) Quicktime 3) Newton.
Your friendly Apple Loving Friend, Arthur