Profile

Cover photo
David Adler
Works at Adler Law Group
Attended DePaul College of Law
Lives in Chicago, IL
103 followers|62,071 views
AboutPostsCollectionsPhotosYouTube+1's

Stream

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
 
While already on many of the nation’s minds after the recent presidential debate, Cyber Risk, Privacy and Data Protection are growing concerns for businesses and consumers alike. Here are eight (8) suggestions for building a stronger Cyber Risk, Privacy…
1
Add a comment...

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
 
Client Contracts 2.0 DATE: Wednesday, June 29 TIME: 9:30AM to 11:30AM LOCATION: New York Design Center, Conference Room ADDRESS: 200 Lexington Avenue, NYC Have you ever had a client refuse to pay a bill, not give you credit for your work, or use your…
1
Add a comment...

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
1
Add a comment...

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
 
My latest article on CIO.com is live!
Vendor and third-party contract management is a challenge for every organization. Focus on key contract areas to address risks from effects of mobile, social, cloud and big data on employee, vendor and customer access and use of digital information and services.
1
Add a comment...

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
 
My latest Article in the Illinois Bar Journal entitled – Getting Smart about Smart-Device #Privacy ,discusses wide range of legal and regulatory issues around privacy and security affecting the “Internet of Things.” This overview identifies risks and…
1
Add a comment...

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
 
Adler to speak on Using #Privacy to Enhance your Brand - ClickZ Live San Francisco Aug. 30 2016 #Digital #Marketing ow.ly/vZ6r3021FUi
August 29-31, 2016: Leading the discussion in digital marketing.
1
Add a comment...

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
 
The UK’s tech community has reacted to today’s Brexit vote.The results, announced early this morning, saw 48.1% of voters asking to remain in the European Union (EU), whilst the remaining 51.9% voted for a Brexit. The news comes after various surveys…
The UK’s tech community has reacted to today’s Brexit vote.The results, announced early this morning, saw 48.1% of voters asking to remain in the European Union (EU), whilst the remaining 51.9% vot…
1
Add a comment...

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
 
My latest post on CIO.com.
The continuous press for innovation in technology and media will challenge intellectual property laws to evolve. The new Defend Trade Secrets Act provides a powerful new tool to protect a business's intangible assets and a major change in how Intellectual Property rights are recognized and enforced at the federal level.
1
Add a comment...

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
 
Should you be asking this question?
Do you know what cloud services and APIs your systems are relying on? And do you know how to tell how reliable they are, and whether your vendor’s service level agreement (SLA) covers the performance you need?
1
Add a comment...

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
 
The 20 Attorneys Killing It On Twitter By Lisa Ryan Law360, New York (September 11, 2015, 4:57 PM ET) — Some attorneys have figured out how to use their Twitter accounts to build their personal brand and network with peers and prospective clients, while…
1
Add a comment...

David Adler

Shared publicly  - 
 
Cybersecurity innovation and the role of encryption are potentially putting corporate IT departments and law enforcement at odds.
At this year's RSA Conference on cybersecurity innovation - the world’s biggest digital security expo - the iPhone dispute between Apple and the FBI touched every conversation. The battle over access to encrypted data on an iPhone provides a lens for a bigger debate on privacy, mobile devices and the implications for technology vendors that might face a similar request. Understanding leads to confidence so CIOs are surely frustrated by another gr...
1
Add a comment...
David's Collections
Work
Occupation
Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Lawyer
Skills
Trademark law, Branding, Entreprenuership
Employment
  • Adler Law Group
    Owner, 1999 - present
  • Leavens, Strand, Glover & Adler, LLC
    Partner, 2011 - 2014
  • Cision AB
    Corporate Counsel, 2004 - 2007
Places
Map of the places this user has livedMap of the places this user has livedMap of the places this user has lived
Currently
Chicago, IL
Previously
Ann Arbor, MI - Fort Wayne IN - Chicago, IL
Links
Other profiles
Contributor to
Story
Tagline
Lawyer focused on Entertainment, Media, Intellectual Property (Copyright & Trademark) & Technology representing Musicians, Filmmakers, Authors and other creative professionals.
Introduction
I work with entrepreneurs, innovators, musicians, artists, film producers, writers and other entertainers as well as engineers and developers creating and licensing software applications, mobile, applications and cloud-based products and services. I act as a "trusted advisor providing guidance on intellectual property, contract, media and entertainment law and legal issues. My responsibilities include providing advice to business units and executives on copyright, trademark, ecommerce, software/IT, cloud computing, media & entertainment and issues associated with creating and commercializing innovations and creative content, drafting and negotiating contracts and licenses, advising on securities laws and corporate governance and managing outside counsel. My clients frequently rely on me to successfully draft and negotiate complex commercial and intellectual property transactions such as supply/distribution agreements, IP development and license agreements and documentation related to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. 

Stay Informed! Subscribe to PING® our legal eNewsletter here: http://ow.ly/uGKme%20
 

Bragging rights
Nationally recognized trademark and social media expert, 2014 Illinois SuperLawyer for Entertainment & Media Law
Education
  • DePaul College of Law
    Law/Intellectual Property, 1994 - 1997
  • Indiana University Bloomington
    English & History (Double BA), 1990 - 1994
Basic Information
Gender
Male
Looking for
Networking
Relationship
Married
David Adler's +1's are the things they like, agree with, or want to recommend.
Imaginary Day Code
groups.google.com

Posted by Jost, Jun 15, 2000 12:00 AM

Is Graffiti Ineligible for Copyright Protection Just Because the Act of ...
blog.sandw.com

Clothing designer Moschino argues that graffiti images used in its designs are not eligible for copyright protection, but the opposite is pr

“Mattress Performance” Title IX Lawsuit Against Columbia Is Dismissed
blog.sandw.com

A court has dismissed a lawsuit that alleged a student's performance art violated Title IX for the man she had accused of assaulting her.

Find the Map, Locate the Treasure: Seven More Data Security & Privac...
securityintelligence.com

The best practices of the data privacy game include having a treasure map, defending against pirates and preparing for battle.

Bait and switch on different versions of the same brand isn't TM infring...
tushnet.blogspot.com

Adobe Sys. Inc. v. Christenson, No. 12-1731 (9th Cir. Dec. 30, 2015) Adobe loses this case because of pleading and discovery choices, allowi

Premier Builders/DJS Construction
www.manta.com

As a family owned operation, Premier Builders DJS Construction makes it his business to leave every customer 100% satisfied with all works p

Next is working to design road transport of the future | L'Atelier : Acc...
www.atelier.net

San Jose-based startup Next is taking a highly original approach to designing a future road transport system. The idea is to use flexible, m

Bitcoin digital currency pros and cons
articles.chicagotribune.com

You can't hold Bitcoins, but you can use them to buy Mediterranean food at Meze Grill in New York, which accepts the digital currency. Bitco

It’s Time For A New Social Media Marketing Agency If… | Firebelly Marketing
www.firebellymarketing.com

It's time for a new social media marketing agency if you get stuck with a inexperienced junior team. Select an experienced senior team to he

Why I Won't Go on Any More Tech-Job Interviews
asserttrue.blogspot.com

I could use a job. I've been out of work for about two years. Took my first 401K disbursement recently. My wife is on disability for schizop

TIFF 2014 Update: Lower Production Costs for Indie Animated Films - Movi...
movienewsguide.com

From headlining bid wars between studios and premiering award-worthy films, the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) also gave the spo

Business Intelligence Software Comparison - 2014's Best Tools
technologyadvice.com

Find the best Business Intelligence solution for your business goals from our list of 59 data analytics companies. Then request a free quote

IAPP : Court Denies Class-Action in Hulu Case, But There’s More
www.privacyassociation.org

By Dominique Shelton, CIPP/US Every company that hosts videos on its websites or mobile apps and includes a “Like” button or other social ne

Affiliate Marketing, Mobile Advertising, Lead Generation and TCPA « Affi...
www.amnavigator.com

Telemarketing to mobile users via “robocalls” or text is one of the newest affiliate marketers' tricks. Before conducting such campaigns, ta

Can your Privacy Policy be Read by a 5th Grader?
robertsiciliano.com

Zero. The number of people who have ever read word for word—and understood—a website’s privacy policy. Well, maybe not zero, but the actual

"Groundhog Day" for data breaches | Lexology
www.lexology.com

Here we go again. A prominent company suffers a data breach. The company publicly alerts its customers. The company almost immediately finds