There were a lot of announcements at the #GoogleAnalytics summit last week. Some old, some new. A lot of people have been asking me what I think are the biggest take-aways. Here are my top 5:
1. New enterprise API: now large orgs can automatically create properties, views, users and other config settings. This enables massive scale.
2. The Analytics ABC's. Analytics reports are now divided into Acquisition, Behavior and Conversion to better align with the real behavior of users. Metrics are also grouped in these categories.
3. Demographic Data. It's now possible to view some demographic data of your site visitors. This helps you understand who your users are can help drive your marketing strategies and tactics.
5. Analytics Academy. This one is near and dear to my heart :) I think the Education team did a great job launching this platform. Remember, the content will be available starting October 8.
Check out the blog post to learn more.
#measure #marketing #analytics
- Alpha InternationalSocial Media Manager, 2013 - present
- WebTrendsProfessional Services Engineer, 2011 - 2013
- AUT UniversityCommunication Studies, 2000 - 2002
Syria's heritage in ruins: before-and-after pictures
The war in Syria has claimed more than 130,000 lives and, as these images reveal, it is also laying waste to its historic buildings and Unes
Search Engine Land: News On Search Engines, Search Engine Optimization (...
Search Engine Land is a must read hub for news and information about search engine marketing, optimization and how search engines such as Go
Webtrends | The Global Leader in Mobile and Social Analytics
Webtrends dramatically improves digital marketing results for many of the world’s most admired and innovative companies. Our unified digital
Identify Website Goal Values & Win: Excellent Analytics Tips # 19
Quantifying the economic value created by your website is the key to unlocking your digital potential. But how do you identify the value of