- WLCTWeb and Social Media Officer, 2013 - presentHeading a team focused on sustaining digitally the fortunes of a charity dedicated to helping people live healthier, happier lives. My role involves managing all websites, the staff intranet, social media, digital advertising and digital strategy.
- Word And MouthCommunications and business broadcasting coach, 2008 - 2013
- RCIeCommerce Marketing Manager, 2006 - 2008Heading a European team of marketing experts driving members to RCI.com buying travel and membership products. Estimated European revenues generated through the web channel in 2007/2008: $35m.
- RCIManaging Editor, 1999 - 2006Edited consumer and business magazines, including Europe's most widely-distributed travel publication - Holiday. Commissioned features, attended awards ceremonies, managed budget lines and negotiated contracts with a wide range of suppliers.
- Trinity MirrorSenior Reporter, 1995 - 1999Engaging communities with scintillating front page exclusives and articles spanning the gamut of regional and national issues. Building contacts across politics, the public and private sectors and the criminal underworld.
- Leeds Trinity & All SaintsFrench, 1993 - 1995
10 Dead Simple Tips to Take Advantage of Google+ for SEO | SEOmoz
It's no secret. When engineers built Google+, they constructed an SEO juggernaut to dominate search results above all other social platforms
How to Build Profitable Hyperlocal Websites | Entreproducer
Everyone is excited about hyperlocal, but no one seems to be making any money from it. Here's how to make hyperlocal profitable.
Why giving everything away is your #1 success strategy
If you're in the service industry there's one thing that's holding you back: what you have. Let it go and let the best bits of doing busines
Thacknology 20.06.2013: That's a Vine mess... - Dave Thackeray
Talknology Live! debuts on G+ Hangouts and YouTube. Oh, and here's what that Facebook announcement was all about. Short-form: video.
3 things you must know about Facebook - Dave Thackeray
Three great examples of Facebook used right and wrong demonstrate exactly how the social network should be used for your business' success.
Think you're safe, little bird? The Tweet is on...
When Sally Bercow settled on a Twitter libel case, I joined BBC Radio Merseyside's Simon Hoban with some tips on how to play it safe on Twit