This is a wild flashback to the early days of the consumer web. I'm sure there were a few blink tags in there somewhere and maybe even a marquee. We've sure come a long way.
Our site has changed a lot over the years! This is latimes.com in 1996; tomorrow, we're introducing our latest incarnation.
97 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 37 previous comments
- AutoRetro brings up old classic cars.
I've got it: call it AutoThen
Please no applauds.May 6, 2014
- more hair, that's hysterical.May 9, 2014
- / forget the marquee, Ben and I came up with a waaaayyyyyy better one in yesterday's hangout with . "Two" actually.May 9, 2014
- oh really?May 9, 2014
- most definitely. Putting it into a blog post recap of the HOA as we speak. But since you're the boss, I won't make you wait. Sarcasm markup and air quote markupMay 9, 2014
- ( all joking aside , the conversation we had with ) During the hangout we were discussing how semantically Google could discern intent and sentiment via Hangouts, where authentic conversations really occur.
Have a browse here: http://benfisher.me/semantichoa , we get into a fairly deep conversation about how emotions can be read and interpreted "potentially" indexed by the algorithm with G+ doing the heavy lifting in connecting the nodes and entities.
Would love your thoughts on the concept.May 9, 2014