When starting an eCommerce business, the number of options and potential pitfalls is astounding - it's pretty easy to get confused by the choices and take a costly wrong turn.
We spoke to specialists and advocates for each of the major eCommerce platforms, Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, Prestashop and Create, a home-grown eCommerce platform to determine;
- where each fits in the market
- which types of business they're suitable for
- what budget each commands
- when you shouldn't choose them
Thanks to , at , Dave Green, and for their insights.
#eCommerce #Magento #Shopify #WooCommerce #PrestaShop
And why not?
To me it makes sense to create content that has a longer life span than something that is only good for a short time. In fact, there are hundreds of blog posts detailing the different types of evergreen content you can create.
The problem is, no one really talks about creating evergreen social media content updates.
Similar to evergreen blog content, evergreen social media posts are something that can provide value again and again over long periods of time.
But yet, very few people take advantage of this opportunity and they are missing out.
By creating evergreen social media content, you will have a go-to bank of status updates to keep your social profiles posting.
No longer will your account have to go dormant just because you haven’t posted anything new to your blog. You won’t need to waste time sifting through RSS feeds, newsletter subscriptions, or other people’s social media updates for something to post to your own social account.
Instead, you will have a well-documented source for creating social media updates without any ongoing heavy lifting.
#socialmedia #socialmediamarketing #socialmediatips #evergreen
She's someone I could talk to all day about ecommerce. If you know someone that is selling on marketplace sites like Amazon or Etsy and are looking to break away, this podcast interview is for them.
Selling on your own website gives you one huge advantage vs. selling on marketplace sites like Amazon or Etsy:
Repeat sales from loyal customers.
The first sale to a customer matters, but if you really want to make your ecommerce business a success, you need to focus on the 2nd, 3rd, 4th….you get the idea. As the infographic shows, it is 6-7 times more expensive to acquire a new customer than it is to keep one. Your bottom line won’t love you for chasing new customers.
Customer loyalty programs work, but most businesses get it wrong.
You’ve spent countless hours tweaking your CSS, testing your responsive breakpoints, and checking site speed. You know the site like the back of your hand. Your eCommerce site is beautifully designed, but is it user-friendly?
If you're looking to scale up, managing a virtual team is a terriffic avenee
Like you, I wasn’t born with a silver spoon in my mouth or freakish athletic ability. To get above the poverty line, I knew I was going to have to work hard and fund my own education.
I’ve held a steady job since the age of 13. My work experiences in print media, retail, manufacturing, and Internet technology along with my MBA education gives me the ability to provide results for any type of company. I understand business – especially small businesses and start-ups.
Qualified To Make Marketing Work For You
- MBA, Internet Marketing From Florida Institute Of Technology
- BS, Advertising From The University Of Florida
- 10+ Years In Web Design, SEO, and PPC
- Google AdWords Certified
- Active Member Of The American Marketing Association
- Work Hard: Success will come to those willing to work for it.
- Never Stop Learning: Continuous learning leads to continuous improvement.
- Put Other People First: I place the highest value on building positive relationships with people.
- Be Humble: Have a quiet confidence, and lift up those around you.
- Do More with Less: If we can achieve our goals with less, we can make bigger goals.
- Work To Live: I’m passionate about my work, but I am also passionate about life.
- Intertwine MarketingChief Lemonade Maker, presentI build and market brands through integrated marketing and media outreach.
- BuzzsproutCommunity Manager, 2015
- Web.com/Network SolutionsProduct Marketing Manager, 2012 - 2013Responsible for positioning, branding and messaging of internet marketing products. Trained 100+ sales reps (live and in webinars) about technical aspects of internet marketing and how that can translate into helping businesses succeed online.