- Vanderbilt University Law SchoolLaw, 1994 - 1997
- University of WashingtonMechanical Engineering, 1986 - 1990
- Sprague High School1982 - 1986
My chief passion is to revolutionize the way legal services are delivered, particularly intellectual property (IP) and technology law. I am an evangelist for change in how law firms are structured to provide a different kind of experience for not only clients, but also professionals in the legal industry. One of my greatest career achievements is our firm twice winning honors as one of the best places to work in Dallas, as recognized by the Dallas Business Journal in 2010 and 2011.
As part of this mission, we have embraced conscious capitalism (sometimes called purposeful capitalism) and are attempting to incorporate that philosophy into a law firm structure. For more on our progress, please see our law firm culture blog at www.culture-counts.com.
My law practice focuses on intellectual property (IP), technology law, and Internet law with an emphasis on patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, anti-counterfeiting, and commercial litigation. Specifically, I focus my practice on the following areas:
1. Patent Litigation and Strategy, Patent Licensing and Monetization
2. Trademark Litigation and Branding Strategy, Trademark Enforcement and Anti-Counterfeiting
3. Copyright Litigation and Registration, Copyright Enforcement and Anti-Counterfeiting
4. Trade Secret and Unfair Competition Litigation, Non-Compete Agreements
5. E-commerce, Software, Social Media, Internet Transactions and Counseling, and Domain Name Disputes
6. General Intellectual Property Counseling and Licensing, Commercial Agreements and Contracts
7. Commercial and Business Litigation
While we represent a wide variety of clients, my ideal clients are large- to mid-market companies ($5-$500M) (private or public). I have significant experience serving as local counsel to out-of-state parties involved in patent, trademark, copyright, IP and commercial litigation in state and federal courts in Dallas, TX and the Northern and Eastern District of Texas federal courts. For more information on my law practice, please visit my website at www.klemchuk.com.
In addition to a law practice, I own a legal consulting firm called Elysium Consulting LLC formed to provide a variety of services to lawyers and law firms, including law firm performance consulting, lawyer executive coaching, training, recruiting, marketing, fractional managing partner, and software services.
When I am not practicing law or trying to change the law firm model, I enjoy working out, spending time with my wife and three children, travel, watching movies, high adrenaline activities, and reading the latest and greatest business book.