With the release of KitKat, not only did a few icons and applications change, the entire environment shifted. Android is becoming easier to use; something that “just works.” As previously mentioned, we’ve decided to take a new approach to the ParanoidAndroid ecosystem due to these changes. One of the “flagship” features of PA has been Pie, a simple, straight-forward replacement of the navigation bar that optimizes the screen space available to the user. Due to the introduction of immersive mode, we were faced with a challenge. The soul of what Pie was in Jellybean didn’t belong in a KitKat world. So, we decided to redesign both the functionality and style of Pie while maintaining a familiar feel. After countless late nights and internal debate, we are happy to announce the following.
* Pie has been redesigned to match the KitKat design philosophies, with new typography and cleaner animations.
* Pie is now fully integrated into the core user experience with the introduction of on-the-spot preferences. Gone are the days of sorting through endless settings, it can now all be configured on the fly.
* Pie gives you all your status information at a glance, when your status bar is hidden, allowing you to get the full immersive experience without missing out on important information.
* Pie now integrates the stock google now gesture. Your cards are never more than just a quick swipe away.
* Pie no longer features access to the notifications and quick settings panel. Immersive mode means there is always quick access to the status bar.
Hopefully, these changes improve upon your experience.
So... care for a slice? Nom nom nom
Change log: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2583582