Why did several Google execs drop their follower counts at the same time? Diddo it first? And for whatever reason, could it cause yet a new twist on social networks, a backing away from follower counts and more focus on content? My piece about today's changes and what they mean, below. And , , , and , maybe one of you could shed some light on why you went stealth on who you follow and who follows you?
43 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 42 previous comments
- Well, if I'm correct about this being a purity campaign (see above) then no Googlers will say a word in public, one way or the other.
Talking to civilians about a given behavior's googley-ness -- or the relative lack, thereof -- is, if anything, even more un-googley than the infraction itself. Best we could hope for is some mild PR stuff about how they didn't want to bias the SERPs.Jul 13, 2011
- Call into this number in 5 minutes to ask about this:
Conference dial-in number: (712) 432-0075
Participant access code: 336319Jul 13, 2011
- Really, who cares about follower numbers? Quality over quantity...Jul 13, 2011
- It was to do with some of them changing their Privacy options to not show whom the were following.Jul 13, 2011
- I think it's an image thing, the less attention you pay to the individuals behind the curtain the more attention is given to the actual show...Jul 13, 2011
- mine too!Jul 13, 2011
Add a comment...