One of these days, I'm gonna learn how to really use PS. I suppose that if I edited in PS, I'd re-import the result into LR. to have a before and after.
- Glu MobileArt Manager, 2011 - presentManage art production for iOS games. Supervise in-house and external art teams. Work with project leads to develop and maintain art production schedules. Create art assets for character animations, UI elements, visual effects, and marketing pieces.
- Danny Ngan PhotographyPhotographer, 2005 - presentPortrait and event photography. League photographer for Rat City Roller Girls and Tilted Thunder Rail Birds roller derby leagues.
- Griptonite GamesLead Animator, 2009 - 2011Lead animator for console and handheld games.
- Amaze EntertainmentAnimator, 2005 - 2009Character animator for PSP and Xbox games.
- Microsoft Games3D Artist, 2004 - 20053D artist for Flight Simulator X.
- Self-EmployedAnimator & 3D Artist, 1996 - 2004Freelance work in 3D animation, game development, motion graphics design, web publishing, multimedia authoring, and digital video production; provide custom training courses in 3D animation and digital video production.
- University of OregonAdjunct Instructor, 1998 - 2004Developed and taught courses in traditional animation, 3D animation, motion graphics design, interactive media, game design and development, and digital imaging; supervised internships and independent studies in 3D modeling and animation, character animation, game design and production, stop motion animation, and Flash design. Curated and managed annual student animation festival.
- DynamixLead Artist, 1998 - 2001Created 3D art and animation for PC and console games; areas of specialty included 3D character animation, low-poly modeling, compositing, and special effects; provided training for new artists and interns; worked with art directors and producers to redesign art production workflow; assisted in art production scheduling.
I’m an art manager and senior animator at Glu Mobile. I create character animations and supervise a team of kick-ass artists for iOS games.
When I’m not making games, I’m a freelance photographer. I specialize in creative portraiture and event photography. I’m also a league photographer for the Tilted Thunder Rail Birds and the Rat City Rollergirls roller derby leagues.
I’m a foodie. I love cooking, eating, photographing, and exploring food. Food is good.
- University of Oregon1998