What is your preferred color management system in your digital workflow?
I'm looking at solutions for getting all of the displays on my team's workstations calibrated so that everyone is looking at roughly the same colors. At the very least, I'd like those with dual monitor setups to have their monitors calibrated to match.
I'd also like to hear about any possible solutions for making sure the content on our displays looks the same on tablets and phones. I know this is damn near impossible to get 100% right, but I'd like to hear how everyone who releases content on mobile devices handles color management there.
Thanks in advance.
- Glu MobileArt Manager, 2011 - presentManage art production for iOS games. Supervise in-house and external art teams. Work with project leads to develop and maintain art production schedules. Create art assets for character animations, UI elements, visual effects, and marketing pieces.
- Danny Ngan PhotographyPhotographer, 2005 - presentPortrait and event photography. League photographer for Rat City Roller Girls and Tilted Thunder Rail Birds roller derby leagues.
- Griptonite GamesLead Animator, 2009 - 2011Lead animator for console and handheld games.
- Amaze EntertainmentAnimator, 2005 - 2009Character animator for PSP and Xbox games.
- Microsoft Games3D Artist, 2004 - 20053D artist for Flight Simulator X.
- Self-EmployedAnimator & 3D Artist, 1996 - 2004Freelance work in 3D animation, game development, motion graphics design, web publishing, multimedia authoring, and digital video production; provide custom training courses in 3D animation and digital video production.
- University of OregonAdjunct Instructor, 1998 - 2004Developed and taught courses in traditional animation, 3D animation, motion graphics design, interactive media, game design and development, and digital imaging; supervised internships and independent studies in 3D modeling and animation, character animation, game design and production, stop motion animation, and Flash design. Curated and managed annual student animation festival.
- DynamixLead Artist, 1998 - 2001Created 3D art and animation for PC and console games; areas of specialty included 3D character animation, low-poly modeling, compositing, and special effects; provided training for new artists and interns; worked with art directors and producers to redesign art production workflow; assisted in art production scheduling.
I’m an art manager and senior animator at Glu Mobile. I create character animations and supervise a team of kick-ass artists for iOS games.
When I’m not making games, I’m a freelance photographer. I specialize in creative portraiture and event photography. I’m also a league photographer for the Tilted Thunder Rail Birds and the Rat City Rollergirls roller derby leagues.
I’m a foodie. I love cooking, eating, photographing, and exploring food. Food is good.
- University of Oregon1998