Pinterest chasing Facebook for driving social traffic to branded destinations+Shareaholic
released the Q1 2014 social media traffic trends - https://blog.shareaholic.com/social-media-traffic-trends-04-2014/A couple of takeaways
- Facebook is well and truly king when it comes to driving clicks and traffic (despite the changes in visibility in organic newsfeed)
now leaps above the rest at second position at driving social traffic and rose by 48%
- Surprisingly Twitter is third with varying results
- StumbleUpon is fourth and not too far away from Twitter
- Google properties, Reddit and the rest are under performing unless you are a powerhouse within those networks
- Expect LinkedIn to increase with their recent changes to LinkedIn today and content sharing platforms being at the forefront of the plans in Q2 and Q3.