The District of Columbia Association of REALTORS®
Communications Associate, 2013 - present
Reviewer, 2012 - 2013
- Obtained a non-classified, sensitive material clearance to perform a Freedom of Information Act project for the United States Mint.
- Reviewed historical documents to ensure section 508 compliance under the Federal Electronic and Information Accessibility and Compliance act.
- Formatted word files and tagged metadata in PDF files of scanned documents, which employed my extensive background in desktop publishing, for ease of accessibility.
Video Game Writers
Reviews Editor, 2011 - 2012
- Lead the development of a revamped, professional reviews standard, which helped VGW rise in trust and popularity.
- Collaboratively worked with a staff of writers and editors to regularly produce fresh, evocative content and comprehensive news coverage, which adhered to acceptable content, grammar and style conventions.
- Implemented the tools of social media for industry and readership outreach, and established a monthly visitor rate to 500k+ per month
Research Intern, 2011 - 2011
- Researched criminal and legal cases using Nexis public records for the television series, Who the (Bleep) Did I Marry!?
- Assisted casting directors in finding, evaluating and hiring talent for re-creation shoots.
- Supported the production team at on-location re-creation shoots in the Silver Spring area.
- Operated Final Cut Server using metadata to organize deliverables and footage for editors and producers.
US Senate - Tim Johnson
Press Intern, 2010 - 2010
- Maintained a document management and retrieval system for archived documents, and was responsible for retrieval and organization of hard and soft files.
- Composed and designed press releases that reached weekly regional newspapers in South Dakota pertaining to grant awards by DOJ, DOE and HHS for community services and organizations.
- Planned and wrote research projects, which highlighted the histories of various South Dakota counties and communicated how these counties benefited from Senator Johnson's policies.