- Brighton University, EnglandComputer Science, 1987 - 1991
- Brighton University, EnglandInformation Technology, 1987 - 1991
- Grove Comprehansive, England1982 - 1987
Daniel's fascination with visual arts and technology began early in life. By his early teens he'd already built his first computer, helped put together the UK Scouting organizations Computing merit badge, won national and regional awards for his photography, poetry and fiction writing, and convinced his teachers to lend him his school's first video camera to make a "tv show" with fellow childhood school friends.
Twenty-odd years later, Daniel has become a veteran of the San Francisco independent and fringe art scene. His credits include the 2005 Best of Fringe show, Come Fly With Me Nude, and the feature length film of the same name.
Like so many people with a passion for the arts, Daniel supports himself and his projects through the application of a somewhat different, although convergent, set of skills.
After many years as an International Technology Consultant, with many ground breaking Mobile Telephony Projects, and controversial game-changing web sites, like 192.com, under his belt, Daniel has been working for almost a decade as in-house technology leader at several Bay Area non-profit media arts organizations, and is a founder of indieplex.org - the Bay Area’s Indie Media Magazine.
- The Far EdgeOwner/Operator, present
- IndieplexFounder/CTO, 2009 - 2014
- Electronic ArtsGame Capture Artist - Maxis - SimCity, 2012 - 2014
- Premiere Pictures Inc.CTO, 2013
- Lab ExperimentCTO, 2013
- Digital Opportunities Ltd.US Opperations, 2012 - 2013
- Californian NewsreelCTO, 2008 - 2009
- IBM Global ServicesSenior Technology Analyst & Designer, 1992 - 1999
- Kaiser PermanenteSenior Technology Analyst & Designer, 1995 - 1996
- Pac BellSenior Technology Analyst/Developer, 1995 - 1995
- TelstraSenior Technology Analyst/Devepoper, 1992 - 1995
- Ford CreditAnalyst Programmer, 1991 - 1992
- American ExpressAnalyst Programmer, 1987 - 1991
- Film Arts FoundationTechnology & Facilities Director, 2001 - 2006
- San Francisco Art InstituteSenior IT Support Specialist, 2007 - 2008
- Linking ArtsSenior IT Consultant, 2001 - 2007
- Ninth Street Media Arts CenterSenior IT Consultant, 2001 - 2006
- National Film Preservation FoundationSenior IT Consultant, 2007 - 2007
- Brainwash Film FestivalSenior IT Consultant, 2005 - 2009
- Computer Consultants AustraliaSenior IT Consultant, 1992 - 1999
- Arthur Anderson ConsultingSenior IT Consultant, 1993 - 1995
- James Martin and AsoociatesSenior IT Consultant, 1992 - 193
- Xenium SolutionsVP US Opperations, 2000 - 2001
- CCA SoftwareSenior IT Consultant, 1999 - 1999
- Dombella ProductionsProducer/Director, 1995 - 2009
- Bay Area Video Coalition (BAVC)Technology Director, 2009 - 2011
Welcome to THE DAILY PUPDATE by Gray & Nameless!
March 16, 2014 Meet Gray & Nameless: Your guide dogs for everyday life! As you might have guessed by their names, days were pretty dull for
'Love and Demons': JP Allen film takes place in Bay Area
The inspiration for San Francisco filmmaker JP Allen's seventh feature, "Love and Demons," comes from an unexpected place. The dark comic ro
S.F. film producer Ron Merk preserves reel history
S.F. film producer Ron Merk searches for, pores over home movies to document past before it's lost Late in November, San Francisco film prod
Help Automate Business at Zapier - Jobs and Careers - Zapier
The Zapier productivity blog shares our passion for customers, business and technology as well as providing tips and tricks for automating y
Google's Multiplayer Augmented Reality Game 'Ingress' Launching for iOS ...
Ingress, a mobile-augmented reality game created by Google for Android devices, is set to launch on iOS devices next year, reports AllThings