I just wanted to thank you for your discussion regarding type classes:
For me, it really made the topic click.
"Nearly 40 years have passed since some of the earliest cognitive models of programmers have been proposed. Both the programming landscape and our understanding of the human brain have dramatically changed. Unfortunately, in the time since, the impact on practicing programmers has been negligible; the predictive power nearly non-existent; and, our understanding of the mind furthered little beyond common sense."
- Chris Parnin, A cognitive neuroscience perspective on memory for programming tasks, PPIG 2010
"One aspect of the studied papers was consistent. The designers believe that their own opinions weigh as much as, if not more than, any rigorous survey or user study."
- Shane Markstrum, Staking claims: a history of programming language design claims and evidence: a positional work in progress, EUPLT 2010
I feel that the programming language design community should still be applying topical cream to treat those burns, three years later :)
- RichRelevanceSoftware Engineer, 2014 - present
- PrecogContractor, 2013 - 2013
- ACERPAnalista de Gestão, 2010 - 2012
- OiEspecialista em TI, 2009 - 2010
- Brasil TelecomConsultor TI 1, 2004 - 2009
- VivoAnalista de Sistemas, 2003 - 2004
- TCOAnalista de Sistemas, 2001 - 2003
- VogaAnalista de Sistemas, 1997 - 1998
- RichRelevanceContractor, 2013 - 2013
- Gunma UniversityMaster in Computer Science, 1999 - 2001
- Universidade de BrasíliaBacharel em Ciência da Computação, 1989 - 1997
Gamasutra: Ramin Shokrizade's Blog - How I Used EVE Online to Predict th...
The following blog was, unless otherwise noted, independently written by a member of Gamasutra's game development community. The thoughts an
Dell Loses Orders as Facebook Do-It-Yourself Servers Gain: Tech
When Facebook Inc. set out to build two new data centers, engineers couldn’t find the server computers they wanted from Dell Inc. or Hewlett
Modernizr e YepNope no desenvolvimento HTML5 e CSS3 | TutsMais
Olá pessoal, com o desenvolvimento HTML5 e CSS3 nós estamos sempre ou quase sempre buscando as funcionalidades do HTML5 ou CSS3 em browsers
Unstoppable Gorg - Revolutionary tower defense gameplay trailer (720p HD)
http://www.facebook.com/unstoppablegorg Unstoppable Gorg is a revolutionary tower defense game coming soon to PC, XBLA and iPad. Unstoppable
SymbolHound: The Special Character Search Engine For Programmers
Advanced Search. FAQ. About. Tweet. Web Code. SymbolHound is a new search engine that doesn't ignore special characters. This means you