If you want to share a proof that P is equal to NP with me, please use the Comic Sans font, please use color and add a few cartoons. Naked pictures could help too. Otherwise I will not read it. Well, I will not read it in any case...
21 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 12 previous comments
- complexity theory has too many mathematiciansAug 26, 2014
- We need Pragmatic Complexity TheoryAug 26, 2014
- "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi BerraAug 26, 2014
- Pragmatic people do not tend to call whatever they are doing a "theory". This being said, when Knuth analyzes algorithm, it tends to be pragmatic. He is really trying to predict how well the algorithm will do in practice. But Knuth is hardly typical of anything. And strangely enough, few people have tried to emulate him even though he is celebrated like no other.Aug 26, 2014
- Knuth wasn't able to turn what he was doing into a competitive game with well-defined rules.Aug 26, 2014
- Leave out the proof, and post to Facebook.Aug 27, 2014
Add a comment...