- Artist - IllustratorFine Arts/Illustration, 1996 - present
- Rocky Mountain HSTeacher, 2003 - present
- Colorado State UniversityArt, 1997 - 2002
- Artist Ray Vinella - Taught me everything I knowArt, 1994 - 1999
One time VERY special price of - Adults: $65, Students: $45 (PM me with questions)
Hello art lovers! Here is a list of what you will need:
1. Students will need to bring oil paint (see the suggested colors in the image attached to this post - these are the cheapest versions of these colors - Found on Jerry's Artarama Website)
2. Canvas or Board (buy the cheap stuff - See the image in this post for a great cheap suggestion. It nice to paint on cheap surfaces... it helps you not worry about taking risks!) You can also simply paint on Masonite (find sheets at Home Depot and cut to size... you will have enough surface for months!) If you do anything other than store bough canvas you will need to Gesso it. PM me if you don't know how that works!
3. If you have an easel, please bring it! I have extra, but it is nice if students have one too!
4. A palette (You will need to have something to mix your paint on. I have a cheap solution in the images attached to this post) You can also use a piece of Plexiglas
5. Paper towels
6. A jar for turpentine (I will supply the turpentine - I like to bring the least toxic stuff!)
7. Brushes (I recommend either a "filbert" or a "flat" try not to get anything too small. The bristles should be at least the width of your fingernail. I like Robert Simmons Signet brushes... make sure to get the kind made for oil paints!
8. Plastic wrap!
I think that is it! Most of the items can be scavenged from your kitchen or garage. The paint only needs to be student grade. It is important to try and get the colors in the image I attached. Think of it this way: Two of each primary color (one warm and one cool of each), Sap green, and Titanium white. The paints I have listed in the image are also lead free! This is important... please don't bring paint with health warnings if you can help it!!!! Finally, be careful when buying oil paint... some oils are "water mixable," it would be best to stay away from these as well.
Please let me know if you need any help or have questions. I really look forward to seeing you all soon! If you want to collaborate with others in the workshop regarding supplies... that would be awesome. The last thing I want it people wasting a ton of money to start a new hobby! With a little planning and collaboration!
Exclusive: Matias Duarte on the philosophy of Android, and an in-depth l...
This is my next… Home; Editors. Joshua Topolsky; Nilay Patel; Paul Miller; Laura June; Joanna Stern; Chris Ziegler; Ross Miller; Thomas Rick
The official FC Barcelona website | FCBarcelona.cat
The official FC Barcelona website. All the latest news about the club's football team and the various sporting sections (Basketball Hand
Google launches all out social networking assault with Google+ ...
Social networking has long been Google's white whale. The company has done plenty of dabbling in the space, snatching up Orkut, which ha