- Freelance, 2002 - presentI have written for many publications: Time Out, The Times, The Guardian, The Mail on Sunday, SFX, IGN, Edge, The Guinness World of Records, T3, Wired and many others. (Games & technology specific publications: 101 PC Games, Computer Upgrade, Computer Shopper, Continue, C&VG, Digital Home, Edge, Eurogamer, Game Boy Advanced, Gameland, Gamesmaster, Gamesindustry.biz, Games TM, Igromania, Kanobu, Laptop Magazine, Mac Format, Official Nintendo, Official Playstation 2, Official Playstation Magazine, Official Xbox Magazine, PC Answers, PC Format, PC Gamer, PC Games N, PC Plus, PC Zone, Play, PlaySF, Playstation World, Pocketgamer, RockPaperShotgun, SFX, Spong, Tablet PC, Techradar, The Official Microsoft Windows Vista Magazine, Videogamer, The Official Microsoft Windows XP Magazine.)
- BastionPublic Relations, 2007 - 2011
- Future PublishingEditor, 2002 - 2007
- I write journalism occasionally for Edge, Eurogamer, C&VG, RockPaperShotgun, PC Gamer, Igromania, BT.com, IGN, T3 and many more.
- I'm also writing / designing a few games including Pandora: First Contact and The Martian Question.
- I'm desperately trying to write a book exploring what video games can teach you about philosophy.
- Magdalen College, OxfordMA (Politics, Philosophy & Economics), 1998 - 2001
- Cheadle Hulme School1990 - 1998
- Elm Grove1984 - 1990
Dan Gril's Basic Marketing and PR plan for Indies.
Lovely Dan Griliopoulos wrote about basic planning for Indies looking to invest sometime in PR and Marketing: here
Feature: Do videogames cause violence? Why the scientists are failing us...
Of all the people to claim fictitious violence causes real violence, Commando's John Matrix seems on the shakiest ground. But it was Arnold
Still Playing: PlanetSide 2 – the unheralded online shooter that could t...
This PC shooter already hosts online battles to compare with much-hyped console contenders. It's coming to PS4 in 2014. Your Battlefield is
Review: Review: Thief is a grifter but delivers some of the goods - CVG US
Thief doesn't deliver on all of its swagbag of stolen promises, but still outshines many new-gen titles.
CVG US Blog: The PC Games Column: Survival and horror - CVG US
There have always been survival games on PC. Think of 1983's Survival Island or 1985's Wilderness or 1994's Robinson's Requiem or its sequel
Preview: First look: Shadow Of Mordor revels in Middle-Earth's dark side...
Amidst the desolation of Mordor, Talion, wraith-ranger and hero of Shadow of Mordor, is torturing an Uruk captain. This captain, with the ch
CVG US Blog: The PC games column: Space exploration - CVG US
When I first started writing about PC games, back in 2002, it was quite normal to have a month where not one game came out. Or a month where