What have I been doing since last summer, you ask? I have been teaching ASL classes, mentoring and leading case supervision, interpreting, and teaching interpreting workshops. I have not been much of a blogger because, honestly, as busy as my days have…
They didn't even put the exclamation mark directly after the last word of the sentence, so bad typography too.
J'espere qu'Andy prend du mieux depuis son opération. Nous suivons l'etat de son moral par la quantité de message anti-republicains qu'il met sur Facebook... Nous nous inquietions ces dernières semaines.
Effectivement, c'est une très mauvaise traduction. Je l'aurais plutôt traduite par "je suis un dormeur". En français, nous disons plutôt " j'ai sommeil" et non j'ai LE sommeil.
Ici, il fait un temps magnifique. Nous allons ce matin au marché, faire les courses puis nous visiterons trois jardins et quelques galeries d'arts.
Bises (et non baise) à tous les deux,
Louis de Foster
Envoyé de mon ASUS
-------- Message d'origine --------
P.S. I once mouthed words like these at a doctor's convention in which doctors were speaking to doctors at a rapid pace with the assumption that everyone in the room knew the terminology. The doctor we were interpreting for told us to just mouth the words we didn't know how to fingerspell. If she and we had known cued speech, that probably would have been clearer than mouthing.
- Paradise Valley Community CollegeAdjunct Faculty, 2013 - presentTeaching American Sign Language (ASL) classes
- Phoenix CollegeInterpreter, 2005 - presentInterpreting for classes, events, and faculty meetings.
- Purple CommunicationsVideo Interpreter, 2007 - 2011Interpreted VRS & VRI, trained new hires, and retrained employees.
- Sorenson CommunicationsVideo Interpreter, 2004 - 2007Interpreted VRS, selected and mentored provisional Video Interpreters in the VI-P program.
- Western Oregon UniversityInterpreting Studies with an emphasis in Teaching Interpreting, 2011 - 2013
- National UniversityEnglish with a concentration in Communications & Media Study, 2001 - 2003
- San Diego Mesa CollegeASL / Interpreting, 1989 - 2003
- University of California, Los AngelesTheater Arts, 1985 - 1987
Notes on Migrating from Aperture to Photos for OS X
I have enjoyed photography for many years, particularly since the transition to digital. I've been shooting exclusively digitally since I go
Starting Fresh: Set up Your Aperture Library for the New Year - Aperture...
Keep it Clean I start a new Aperture library every year. I have several reasons for this. If I j...
Just because you don't get it doesn't mean it's vague
"What about slang words and acronyms, aren't they vague language?" Someone asked me this recently, and I wanted to say no right away, but I
Vague language workshops - beginning, intermediate, and advanced
I'm teaching a new vague language training series comprising three three-hour workshops on an evening and the following morning and afternoo
Introductory vague language workshop for all interpreters, presented in ...
This Thursday evening, July 18th, from 6–9pm UTC -7, I will be presenting the first workshop of my three-part series on interpreting vague l