As promised, we're continuing to listen and respond to feedback on the new Google+.
Today we're launching a number of updates to our Web preview including:
- Adding a 3 column stream view for very wide screens
- Adding the ability to reply to comments in context
- Removing the limit on circle streams in the menu (previously 6)
- Adding the option to view 'Posts from Circle' from the Following screen
These changes (which you can see in the image below) will be rolling out today. And look for more updates on Android, iOS, and the Web soon. Thanks~
Once you've tried it out, tell us what you think of the new app. What do you love or hate about it?
If your wallet is ready, the Googs has plenty of apps, games, music, and books available for Black Friday / Cyber Monday / Cyber Weekend /Because shopping.
On a related note the Shield TV discount is live on GameStop. I just bought one. Merry Christmas Logan!
Though too bad you can't use existing credit to send gifts. I'm guessing because some credits expire, and this would be a loophole to get around expiration if you just gifted to yourself.
The "new G+" seems to have dropped the support for more than two columns. So it's back to the bad old days of 50% gray horizontal space. Because clearly there is no better use for it.
Maybe google doesn't buy their engineers any good monitors, and so they haven't learnt about that whole 4k screen thing? But the old G+ at least gave me three columns.
- Google Plus DailyWriter/Website Developer, 2012 - 2014I was a writer and website developer for Google Plus Daily and worked with the team since its launch.
- Chessington World of Adventures ResortRide Attendant, 2014 - 2014
- British Heart FoundationAdministration, 2013 - 2014
- Kuoni TravelWebsite Development, 2012 - 2013Helped to develop the new Kuoni website that launched at the end of 2012. I also created the Kuoni Travel Blog.
- Yellow PagesWork Experience, 2011Worked on a few internal websites and helped train members of staff on how to use them.
I am a student studying Computer Science at the University of Bath. I have a strong interest in game development and would like to pursue a career in this industry once I have finished university.
I also have other interests including using Linux, designing websites and programming, all of which I do on a regular basis.
- University of BathComputer Science, 2014 - presentComputer Science
- East Surrey CollegeSoftware Development, 2012 - 2014Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Sutton Grammar School for BoysGCSE's, 2007 - 2012
- Greville Primary SchoolSAT's, 2001 - 2007
- St. Giles Preschool1999 - 2001
- Wave Wave New
- Angry Birds Stella POP!
- Pac-Man 256
- Mountain Goat Mountain
- Rayman Fiesta Run
- Crossy Road
- Monument Valley
- Shooty Skies
Google+ Beta Updated with 3 Column Stream and More
Google+ Beta for web has been updated with four improvements today, including a much requested third column of posts in the stream. The Goog
Find a reddit gift exchange perfect for you - redditgifts
redditgifts has gift exchanges covering many genres both narrow and broad. Find one that is perfect for you and get the...
Chrome Beta 47 Can Show Splash Screens For Web Apps Launched From The Ho...
Browsers are a core part of the mobile phone experience, but I don't find them particularly exciting. I do with my browser largely what I di
10 Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 15.10 - OMG! Ubuntu!
After you've transformed to a werewolf, do these things You've just finished installing Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf. Now you're wondering wha
Ubuntu 15.10 Available to Download, This Is What's New
Ubuntu 15.10 is shy on new features but big on confidence. What the Wily Werewolf lacks in raw transformation it makes up for in sheer bite
[Deal Alert] Mystery Album Free On Google Play Music
As a lover of a good bargain, I write a fair number of deal alert articles for AP. Recently, I have seen a few readers complain in the comme
Chrome Drops Notification Center from Windows, Mac and Linux - OMG! Chrome!
The Chrome Notification Center The Chrome notification centre - a pet hate of many users - is to be removed from Chrome. Upcoming builds of
A Slick New Set-Up Wizard Is Coming To Ubuntu - OMG! Ubuntu!
Ubuntu will modernise its out-of-the-box experience (OOBE) to be easier and quicker to complete, look more 'seductive' to new users, and bet
Google's Next Pixel Won't Run Chrome OS - OMG! Chrome!
The next Chromebook Pixel might not actually be a Chromebook at all. It's claimed Google is to launch a new Pixel device in the coming month
Latest Chrome Dev For Android Has Partial Support For 'Theme-Color' Attr...
In version 39, Chrome for Android learned an awesome trick: using a simple HTML tag, any webpage could tell Chrome to theme its UI (and your
Unity 8 Greeter Video Shows How Next-Gen Ubuntu Desktop Is Shaping Up - ...
A new video shows off yet more progress on getting Unity 8 ship-shape for desktop usage. This time it's the Unity 8 Greeter - the screen you