Sunset Center, Cottage #17 San Carlos Street at 10th Avenue Carmel CA 93921
With over seventeen years of production history, Dance Kids is proud of their wide range of theatrical experience. In the early days, productions at the Carmel Ballet Academy included Nutcracker and original spring musicals. Dance Kids was known for fun loving nostalgia surrounding the musicals and drew from the community a range of young people and their families committed to theatre. As we grew, our little venue could not handle the Nutcracker but continued as the venue for the spring productions. Due to financial constraints and the general economy, the spring productions were halted. We have bravely grown Dance Kids Nutcracker into a spectacular production eagerly awaited by cast and community. The original vision of Dance Kids of Monterey County has been honored as well as surpassed in the ensuing years. The Founder, Executive Director and the Board of Directors are proud to carry the traditions of dance and theatre to the Monterey Peninsula.Mission Statement
"DANCE KIDS OF MONTEREY COUNTY WAS CREATED TO PROVIDE ONGOING PERFORMANCE OPPORTUNITIES IN DANCE AND THEATER ARTS TO THE YOUTH OF MONTEREY COUNTY. OUR MISSION IS TO STRENGTHEN CHARACTER AND POSITIVELY INFLUENCE CHILDREN'S LIVES THROUGH THE PERFORMING ARTS."Board of Directors
Alan Richmond (Executive Director)
Carol Richmond (Founder)
Tia Brown (Artistic Director)
Dr. Jeanette Kern, DDS
Michael CrallWhat is Dance Kids' Goal?
- TO IMPROVE our community life by fostering growth qualities in young people (through performance) including discipline, self-esteem, group problem solving, and the ability to carry tasks to completion.
- TO EXPOSE as many community members as possible to the beauty and wonder of dance and theater.
- TO TEACH the values which go into creating and performing works of art, and values that enable civilizations to thrive.
The Entire Community.
- Children in need --- fund-raising efforts provide scholarships/financial aid for performing arts classes, production tuition and dancewear funding to children who would otherwise not be able to participate.
- Community organizations --- free tickets to our productions are provided for inner-city groups, seniors, and physically challenged youngsters and adults.
- Outlying communities --- classes and productions are being expanded to include performances in cities like Seaside, King City, and Pajaro.
- Schools and institutions --- productions are available for area hospitals, schools, nursing and convalescent homes.
With whatever gift you can afford.