OK, move over, Ars. The trophy for most in-depth review of Android 4.4 is now firmly in Android Police custody.
90 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 44 previous comments
- This has been an on going problem since Apple came out with
the I phone 4 & 3. So I figured I jump ship and come over to
Android world, for the mere fact they had a few great phones out here. I
chose the HTC ONE M7. Speed was lighting fast, and it had decent color
scheme which I enjoyed. These updates especially this last one, ya it
got me, hit the dam update button which I managed to dodge for almost
two years now. So now I am stuck with a crappy interface for the
What we all lost in this Android update 4.4.2:
1. Natural the battery indicator is no longer green, which it really should be!
2. Our up & down volume key color is now a nasty green when it was a cool blue.
Now the big ones---- My gallery is no a peace of @#$. I can not get a
list view or just an icon view anymore. Now I am forced into this
slide show with music playing! Talk about eating up memory and battery
4. This one kills me, if you have the
lock screen on to protect you, the new screen say you have 10 attempts
before device data is deleted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me?
Anyone can take my phone and play with it until they delete all my
data? How is this an enhancement! DELETE ALL MY DATA, that is why I
have the phone locked!
5. Now I have these god for saken icon apps on the bottom of the screen! I don't need them there?
6. Had a nice logon box for the password, ya it too was blue and my keys would turn blue, also gone!
Phone dialer has lost the auto search now you have to press a search
button, instead of just typing away!!!! Also color on top is now
8. Speed, where did it go. Yes I
have fastboot on, but just in general, signing in and moving from app
to app, is noticeable slowness, maybe by seconds, but it shows when your
timing things out on the fly all the time!
So many terrible updates!!!!
Why can any of the developers/carriers take us serious and listen to what we want!
1. Let us customize all the colors anywhere on the phone.
2. Let us remove apps & icons that we don't need on a lock screen!
3. Let us have the choice to go back t any given time and load any OS version on our phone!
Make a statement in writing when we sign our contract with what any
carrier that if we choose to go back an install out dated OS that we
completely understand the SECURITY risks and understand that apps may
not work! But give us a choice and the option to do so offer
yoursite! Let us get the original OS that we had on the phone when we
purchased it and also allow us to download any version ever created for
This is what we
want! Give us options and customization every where! We pay good money
for the products, we should have a choice to personalize in depth! I
have been requesting assistance for four to five years now and its sad
to see this fall on deaf ears! Someone please get involved that can
make a different and start helping their customers out!
should not be forced to unlock/root our phones! We don't want to be
programers we just want our options back! Listen to us and create and
bring back options. Thanks to all that took the time to read this and
maybe, just maybe we can get a stepping stone in the right direction.Jun 10, 2014
- Why not allow us the customers/users OPTIONS to change the colors for the systemUI. The interface can be made into a little system program, with options for the users to choose from???
Also a program to remove app icons on lock screen or turn them off completely, a check box off and option list in settings area or external program???
Gallery, you killed this one, give users the options to have the old view, which was simple! Make this an option off the gallery menu and allow it to be saved!
This new Gallery is sucking up more memory because it is calling a slide show and music to run everytime you just enter the gallery app icon. Really?
Color palette for the blue and the green, worked excellent on the HTC ON M7, so again OPTIONS please???
Give us an option with the 10 attempts, but don't delete my data just lock the phone out, like we do in a network environment! Delete my data, can you hear so many people screaming LAW SUITE!!!! Someone gets your phone and erase everything because of this feature! Who created this code should be shot with idiot written all over their fore head!!!!!!
So upset with this crappy update it's not even funny! I switched to Android verse apple for two major reasons over the years, speed of new hardware and customization of software. We just lost these two!Jun 10, 2014
- Just lost 6 GB of space due to new update. PHUCKING ASSHOLES!! Factory reset next. Oh btw I have HTC one and new update 5.03.651.3 version has killed my 4G. Yes 4G is turned on!Jun 11, 2014
- Android is supposed to be all about customization and choice. Now as google gets bigger and its hands around the market, they're almost turning into another apple. And now google making excuses and lies etc. A tiny little arrow making a noticeable impact on battery or cpu, really?! Also, it would be 1 thing for google dumbing down and making the icons boring white but they're imposing their ignorance on app developers... notice how recent app updates are making their icons all white as well? Instead of lowering your standards to the masses, why not try to educate the masses? Include a tutorial such as a video or a screen tip that pops up once explaining or just a video link section? If people chose to remain ignorant to features and options, a few simple check boxes to turn of extra features would be far more intuitive and desirable. Why do you think people root their devices and use xposed like me or choose to change the os completely? You want people to get all the benefits possible from your product to boost your popularity and sales don't you? And those who don't care and want "simplicity" ie dumb iPhones are going to remain that way and buy that garbage either way.
Where can I/we post this stuff so google can see it?!?
As hardware gets more powerful, our software gets more ignorant? Its function over fashion when it comes to software... make it smart then design it user friendly and customizable.Jun 13, 2014
- This is why I don't update. Root, get all the beneficial root apps, get xposed and all the beneficial apps there and you're good to go. Updates always have risks and always have stupid little hidden undesirable changes.Jun 13, 2014
- read this :-)Aug 29, 2014