Governor Bob McDonnell wants drones flying over Virginia.
5 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 13 previous comments
- May 29, 2012
- From your link: "There is still much research to be done to determine the effectiveness of CCTV cameras on crime prevention before any conclusions can be drawn."
Sure, there is anecdotal evidence of usefulness. And there are some rate numbers that may be correlated with CCTV camera use.
None of that changes the fact that we have seen an ever-increasing amount of surveillance, on the part of government, directed at its citizens. At what point do you suggest that it stops?May 29, 2012
- Would that be like the TSA, is it what you would call responsibly?May 29, 2012
- I suggest that it stops when the private sphere is entered. I also suggest that shared, public surveillance of the public sphere has many positive effects including being able to hold police to account for their recorded behavior.May 29, 2012
- Great. No more taking the dogs out in my jammies. They look like a prison uniform and someone is going to think I escaped.May 30, 2012
- use the baby dolls, it may distract them for a while... :)May 30, 2012