We pay the National Weather Service for science not spin. If they toss their credibility who will take heed when the big one really comes?
13 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- Hard to trust them when they are doing us a "favor" by fudging the numbers.32w
- It's weather, they are predicting something that's chaotic. If it changes slightly on the models with updated data, it doesn't make sense to downgrade in case it ramps up. But would the other way.32w
- exactly. It's better err on the side of caution and not sending mixed messages. Particularly when you are dealing with the random nature of nature... Better that people are too prepared.32w
- nws and noaa - how much money did this cost the airlines?Here's a thought on a possible news release they could have used. Thye can use it the next time for free.... "Hey, it's not going to be as bad as we thought, BUT, you should still be cautious anyway." #fakenews32w
- a lot less than a crash would have cost them32w
- More "social engineering" by our public servants.32w
Add a comment...