EXTREMELY irresponsible report. Who paid for survey? And they never asked which artificial sweeteners? And were surveyed otherwise healthy/fit? And...
4 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
- "We're all doomed!!! ...after this commercial."35w
- I've had diet soda for years and I'm no dumber than I ever was, neither is my heart attacking me. There's so much health BS, it's impossible to keep up.35w
- Who drinks carbonated drinks daily?35w
- I drink diet sodas. Im a lead Network Engineer. Take courses all the time. Not an iota of a bother.34w
- Warren Buffett guzzles cherry Coke all day.34w
- my grandad smoked over 60 a day for over 50 years and didn't suffer from any smoking related issues. Doesn't mean they don't cause any.34w
- I'm not a smoking/cancer denier. It's obvious some people are more predisposed to cancer than others, or perhaps I should say some people have a better propensity to deal with the carcinogens in cigarette smoke.
The diet soda study correlates but does not propose a cause, like carcinogens in smoke. Further, they didn't specify the type of artificial sweeteners involved.
The link is to a far more lengthy study with many more participants. The percentage differences are nothing like 3X greater.34w
- I've always been suspicious of carbonated drinks as a whole if I'm honest. I'll have it as a treat a handful of times a year. There's too much sugar in the regular variety and the ones that use stevia (a natural sweetener) also have a lot of sugar. I avoid all artificial sweeteners as they don't taste nice and have been reported to mess with your bodies ability to handle blood sugar levels.
It's not like carbonated drinks are found naturally, they are 100% man made, with extremely high levels of certain ingredients.34w