If I ran a news organization and one of our so-called journalists didn't know who Tim Berners-Lee is, I'd fire him or her.
76 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 40 previous comments
- Looks like Tim Berners-Lee will have the last laugh. That invention of his is making a mockery of NBC's tape delay strategy.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1276502-the-perils-of-tape-delay-in-the-social-media-ageJul 29, 2012
- , I don't really have a problem with the fact that Meredith Vieira didn't know who Tim Berners-Lee was. I have a problem with the fact that she delighted in her lack of knowledge. I don't care if Berners-Lee was a dogcatcher - he was apparently important enough to the British to devote a major portion of the Opening Ceremony to him. Vieira's public indifference to a British figure is as insulting as Romney's comments.Jul 29, 2012
- At least Romney's statements were inadevertant and he expressed better comments quickly. Viera's attitude was totally unreasonableJul 29, 2012
- That's alright Meredith Viera probably hasn't heard of Thomas Edison either. Remember that tape from the nineties when the today show anchors hadn't heard of the Internet? . 1994: "Today": "What is the Internet, Anyway?"Jul 30, 2012
- Pretty soon, there may be a kids asking, "TV? What is that?"Jul 30, 2012
- Two things come to mind regarding the NBC staff (on-air, producers, directors, etc.): ID-ten-T & PEBKAC (If you don't recognize these terms, you can quickly check them out on the Google).
.Jul 31, 2012
Add a comment...