Continues to depress me how thoroughly America abandoned some traditional values in the past decade. Guantanamo continues to be a national disgrace.
19 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 16 previous comments
- The American people largely were not on board, or the power elite in D.C. largely were not on board? Did democracy prevail, or did aristocracy?Sep 17, 2012
- Hold trials. What do you have to lose?Sep 17, 2012
- Even so, the President is not immune to politics. Targeting Americans with drones has proved far less politically fraught than his abortive plan to try Guantanamo prisoners in civilian court. You can take from that what you will.Sep 17, 2012
- Han Dijk+1Why would you want war in the first place? The USA could as easily not go to war, i mean, all wars in which the USA was involved since my time on earth were offensive wars that had strategical, political or geological motives.
It's not like any country, religion or person could actually threaten, 311,591,917 ultimately free, happy, patriotic persons who have the right to own arms.Sep 17, 2012
- : Every survey of American opinion from 2002 to the present year has found broad support for keeping Guantanamo open. One could in fact argue that Barack Obama was elected despite his pledge to close the detention center, rather than in any way because of it.Sep 17, 2012
- One could. One could also, equally, argue they didn't. Arguing it doesn't make it so; facts do that.Sep 17, 2012