you moved like honey in my dream last night
yeah, some old fires were burning
you came near to me and you endeared to me
but you couldn't quite discern me
does that scare you? I'll let you run away
but your heart will not oblige you
you'll remember me like a melody
Slow like honey - Fiona Apple
For #LyricallyInspired curated by , , &
- #Inspired Mornings: Las CrucesFounder, 2013 - presentOur goal is to bring together CREATIVE TYPES in Las Cruces, NM, across ALL disciplines. Whether you're a writer, graphic/visual artist, director, producer, musician, designer, actor, photographer, fashion designer, etc., we NEED you!
- GETright CopyOwner & Personal Author, 2009 - presentI am the owner of GETright Copy, a multifaceted service for the music and entertainment industries. Primarily, I write artist bios and provide copyediting services. Recently, however, we have also taken on some radio commercial production projects, as well as television voiceover work.
- Las Cruces (NM) Sun-NewsEntertainment Columnist, 2004 - presentEach week, I write a 500-600 word column which appears in "Pulse," the weekly entertainment tabloid in the Las Cruces (NM) Sun-News. Topics are of my choosing, and have ranged from the death of Norman Mailer to the role of the grill in a man's life. I have written about The Game's beef with 50 Cent, have interviewed Marlon Brando's best friend, have interviewed Krayzie Bone and written profile pieces on Buddy Guy, Hunter S. Thompson, Don Imus, Stanley "Tookie" Williams, Ana Castillo, The Imagine Peace Tower and more.
- KHQT-FM (Hot 103)Program Director/Music Director/Afternoon DJ, 2001 - presentI am responsible for all on-air programming for KHQT-FM (Hot 103), from talent development & coaching to brand management and station promotions. I select and schedule the music that we play on the station, and maintain the music library. I also host the station's afternoon show; I'm on-air weekdays from 3p-7p.
I am a creative person, still searching for a medium. I am a passionate and proficient writer, and am slowly learning photography and design. I'm interested in typography, psychology, and etymology.
Somehow, these passions have led me to a career "on-the-air," and my writing has found a longtime home in the pages of the Las Cruces Sun-News. I've emceed numerous clubs and concerts, interviewed President Barack Obama (and First Lady Michelle), and scores of celebrities--some of whom I'm fortunate to count as friends,
Still, I seek more. I'm always looking for ways to add more. I want to write more. I want to voice and produce more commercials for a larger audience. I want to learn everything I can, and put it to good use.
I want to give back to my community more. I want to organize more charity events, and build communities of writers and artists and photographers and musicians. I want to leave behind a dramatically better world for future generations.
My objective is to stay busy, and to make the world a better place through my efforts, both at work and play. And to never stop learning.
- University of New MexicoEnglish, 1996 - 2000
- Ft. Sumner High School1992 - 1996
InspireFirst - Sharing the inspiration with the World
Inspirefirst.com combines the idea of inspiration sharing with the popular blog publishing format, thus creating a unique and open online en
Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman: Manufacturing's Mouthpiece
Caterpillar’s CEO made $22 million last year. Some of his employees are on food stamps. Mina Kimes | Businessweek | May 2013
Top Documentary Films - Watch Free Documentaries Online
Watch free, streaming, online documentary films and movies. Collection of stunning, eyeopening, interesting, controversial, full-length docu
The Digg Newsroom - Sifting the News from the Noise | Digg About
The Digg Newsroom - Sifting the News from the Noise. Written by Matt Williams • Filed under Company. Today we're introducing the next st
Paul Krugman Obliterates the Myth that Low Business Taxes Create Jobs
When Paul Krugman was confronted with the right wing myth that lower business taxes create jobs on ABC’s "This Week," the Nobel Prize winner
Obama’s presidential vacation stirs up the never-ending holiday debate -...
Obama: 61, Bush: 180, Clinton: 28. Judging a president by the days he takes off
Man Accused of Stalking via Twitter Claims Free Speech
The F.B.I. says William Cassidy published 8,000 Twitter posts, almost all of them about a woman, Alyce Zeoli, and her Buddhist group.