In my latest story, I share Rigo's. And I look at concussion safety practices around our city, and recent efforts to make improvements at the federal and state levels. Read it here:
#Concussions #Sports #Football #Youth #Coaching #HeadsUpFootball #USAFootball #TomUdall #Legislation #SaferSports
Friday was a doozy, but I took very seriously the responsibility of telling the other side of the story. It's front-page today, but you can also read it at the link attached... #Snowmageddon #LasCruces #LCNM #LCPS #SnowDay #NewMexico #School #Education
- Las Cruces Sun-NewsEducation Reporter, 2015 - presentI am the Education reporter for the Las Cruces Sun-News. My beat includes Las Cruces Public Schools, the Gadsden Independent School District, Dona Ana Community College and New Mexico State University. I also do Feature reporting from on occasion.
- #Inspired Mornings: Las CrucesFounder, 2013 - presentOur goal is to bring together CREATIVE TYPES in Las Cruces, NM, across ALL disciplines. Whether you're a writer, graphic/visual artist, director, producer, musician, designer, actor, photographer, fashion designer, etc., we NEED you!
- GETright CopyOwner & Personal Author, 2009 - presentI am the owner of GETright Copy, a multifaceted service for the music and entertainment industries. Primarily, I write artist bios and provide copyediting services. Recently, however, we have also taken on some radio commercial production projects, as well as television voiceover work.
- Las Cruces (NM) Sun-NewsEntertainment Columnist, 2004 - presentEach week, I write a 500-600 word column which appears in "Pulse," the weekly entertainment tabloid in the Las Cruces (NM) Sun-News. Topics are of my choosing, and have ranged from the death of Norman Mailer to the role of the grill in a man's life. I have written about The Game's beef with 50 Cent, have interviewed Marlon Brando's best friend, have interviewed Krayzie Bone and written profile pieces on Buddy Guy, Hunter S. Thompson, Don Imus, Stanley "Tookie" Williams, Ana Castillo, The Imagine Peace Tower and more.
- KHQT-FM (Hot 103)Program Director/Music Director/Afternoon DJ, 2001 - 2014I was responsible for all on-air programming for KHQT-FM (Hot 103), from talent development & coaching to brand management and station promotions. I selected and scheduled the music that we played on the station, and maintained the music library. I also hosted the station's afternoon show, weekdays from 3p-7p.
I am a creative person, still searching for a medium. I am a passionate and proficient writer, and am slowly learning photography and design. I'm interested in typography, psychology, and etymology.
Somehow, these passions have led me to a 13-year career "on-the-air," and my writing has found a longtime home in the pages of the Las Cruces Sun-News. I've emceed numerous clubs and concerts, interviewed President Barack Obama (and First Lady Michelle), and scores of celebrities--some of whom I'm fortunate to count as friends.
Still, I seek more. I'm always looking for ways to add more. I want to write more. I want to voice and produce more commercials for a larger audience. I want to learn everything I can, and put it to good use.
I want to give back to my community more. I want to organize more charity events, and build communities of writers and artists and photographers and musicians. I want to leave behind a dramatically better world for future generations.
My objective is to stay busy, and to make the world a better place through my efforts, both at work and play. And to never stop learning.
Chris Brown Claims Canada Won't Let Him In, Tour Dates Canceled
UPDATE: After this story was published, Chris Brown deleted his tweets. You can still read the text below.
InspireFirst - Sharing the inspiration with the World
Inspirefirst.com combines the idea of inspiration sharing with the popular blog publishing format, thus creating a unique and open online en
Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman: Manufacturing's Mouthpiece
Caterpillar’s CEO made $22 million last year. Some of his employees are on food stamps. Mina Kimes | Businessweek | May 2013
Top Documentary Films - Watch Free Documentaries Online
Watch free, streaming, online documentary films and movies. Collection of stunning, eyeopening, interesting, controversial, full-length docu
The Digg Newsroom - Sifting the News from the Noise | Digg About
The Digg Newsroom - Sifting the News from the Noise. Written by Matt Williams • Filed under Company. Today we're introducing the next st
Paul Krugman Obliterates the Myth that Low Business Taxes Create Jobs
When Paul Krugman was confronted with the right wing myth that lower business taxes create jobs on ABC’s "This Week," the Nobel Prize winner
Obama’s presidential vacation stirs up the never-ending holiday debate -...
Obama: 61, Bush: 180, Clinton: 28. Judging a president by the days he takes off