The first two episodes are already available, and the third will drop on Tuesday. Check out the new show, subscribe for free in iTunes, and learn more at SaturdayClubShow.com!
[You can also listen on the web, or download MP3s directly for FREE, at saturdayclubshow.libsyn.com.] #Podcast #Journalism #Media
[an otherwise untitled pome]
Our time was brief
Like the tart taste of communion wine
Grapefruit's bitter aftertaste
The flare of wasabi
The pop of a flashbulb
Dilation of pupils
The fear of a fishtail
On a winding country road.
Brief, but cotton candy, raspberry jam Sweet
Goodnight kiss sweet
Like a winning lottery ticket
Sweet, like late spring's honeysuckle nectar,
Sweet, like holding hands in a hospital,
Dalai Lama sweet, rice pudding sweet.
When you left
I started sleeping through sunrise,
Stepping on sidewalk cracks,
Obeying street signs.
It would be nice to have you back.
I miss speeding,
And the creeping pink of daybreak.
I sat down and visited with Thierry yesterday for more than an hour, exactly ten years after Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans. We talked about the looting, the week he was stranded in the hotel, and the death and destruction he witnessed as he prepared three meals a day for the hotel's 200 guests who had no place to go. (Some of the wealthier ones used their cell phones to call private helicopter companies to evacuate them.)
We also talked about how he ended up buying a restaurant in Las Cruces, which is frequently described as a "hidden gem," or a "local treasure."
His is a tremendous story, and conveys a degree of chaos, lawlessness and panic that America hasn't seen in recent history. "The city was out of control," he told me. "Jewelry stores, Gucci stores, French designers — they were all looted. A policeman was shot outside the hotel. It was very dangerous. People were wading through the streets, holding huge flat-screen TVs above their heads."
I hope you'll read the story. #HurricaneKatrina #TenYearsLater #Reporting #Journalism #NewOrleans #LasCruces #NewMexico #NMTrue
The story behind the photo: A glowing sunrise coming up over this mountain range near Raton, New Mexico caused Dad to slam on the breaks and scramble to get his camera out in time to take this picture. He knew he had the beginnings of a great Old West photo.
When he got home, Dad located the other “part” of the photo. He’d photographed Red Wolverton’s stagecoach as a silhouette near Tucson, Arizona. He smoothly blended the mountains and the stagecoach to create a new eye-catching piece of Old West art.
#sunrise #stagecoach #newmexico #oldwest #westernphotography #arizona #photoshop #horses
Remember, new episodes are released each Tuesday, and downloading is FREE! Subscribe in iTunes and bookmark www.SaturdayClubShow.com today! #Podcast #Journalism #Media
The show is available in iTunes as a free download, with new episodes released every Tuesday. Check it out and tell a friend about us! #Podcast #Journalism #Media
The show, "Saturday Club," is loosely-based upon our weekly adventures. However, we tend to look more broadly at the national landscape, and the role social media platforms will likely play in how you stay connected with what's happening in the world.
You can check it out, and find a link to subscribe in iTunes, at SaturdayClubShow.com. We've got the first two episodes already up. It's free to download, and new episodes will be released every Tuesday.episodes released every Tuesday. Check it out and tell a friend about us!
"The people are really nice, and so many of them know the characters that I've played in movies — 'The Dark Knight,' 'The Fifth Element,' and most of all, everyone has been talking about Deebo from 'Friday,'" he said.
Read my story about today's Las Cruces Comic Con here: http://bit.ly/LCComicCon
(Photo: Jett Loe — Las Cruces Sun-News)
#TinyLister #Deebo #Actors #Friday #ComicCon #LasCruces #AngelBatista #DavidZayas #ComicCulture #ComicBooks #Cosplay
This was the first time in the tribe's history that a reporter has been invited to the event, and it was truly a privilege to be asked to participate. As the leaves of a creosote bush burned in a sacred, ceremonial fire nearby, we witnessed the passing of the torch — and the future of the tribe. Both father and son described the moment as "bittersweet." Both wept.
I hope you'll read the story. It's a moment in my journalistic career I won't soon forget. #Tortugas #TortugasPueblo #NativeAmerican #Traditions #Reporting #Journalism #NewMexico #NMTrue #LasCruces
I am a creative person, still searching for a medium. I am a passionate and proficient writer, and am slowly learning photography and design. I'm interested in typography, psychology, and etymology.
Somehow, these passions have led me to a 13-year career "on-the-air," and my writing has found a longtime home in the pages of the Las Cruces Sun-News. I've emceed numerous clubs and concerts, interviewed President Barack Obama (and First Lady Michelle), and scores of celebrities--some of whom I'm fortunate to count as friends.
Still, I seek more. I'm always looking for ways to add more. I want to write more. I want to voice and produce more commercials for a larger audience. I want to learn everything I can, and put it to good use.
I want to give back to my community more. I want to organize more charity events, and build communities of writers and artists and photographers and musicians. I want to leave behind a dramatically better world for future generations.
My objective is to stay busy, and to make the world a better place through my efforts, both at work and play. And to never stop learning.
- Las Cruces Sun-NewsEducation Reporter, 2015 - presentI am the Education reporter for the Las Cruces Sun-News. My beat includes Las Cruces Public Schools, the Gadsden Independent School District, Dona Ana Community College and New Mexico State University. I also do Feature reporting from on occasion.
- #Inspired Mornings: Las CrucesFounder, 2013 - presentOur goal is to bring together CREATIVE TYPES in Las Cruces, NM, across ALL disciplines. Whether you're a writer, graphic/visual artist, director, producer, musician, designer, actor, photographer, fashion designer, etc., we NEED you!
- GETright CopyOwner & Personal Author, 2009 - presentI am the owner of GETright Copy, a multifaceted service for the music and entertainment industries. Primarily, I write artist bios and provide copyediting services. Recently, however, we have also taken on some radio commercial production projects, as well as television voiceover work.
- Las Cruces (NM) Sun-NewsEntertainment Columnist, 2004 - presentEach week, I write a 500-600 word column which appears in "Pulse," the weekly entertainment tabloid in the Las Cruces (NM) Sun-News. Topics are of my choosing, and have ranged from the death of Norman Mailer to the role of the grill in a man's life. I have written about The Game's beef with 50 Cent, have interviewed Marlon Brando's best friend, have interviewed Krayzie Bone and written profile pieces on Buddy Guy, Hunter S. Thompson, Don Imus, Stanley "Tookie" Williams, Ana Castillo, The Imagine Peace Tower and more.
- KHQT-FM (Hot 103)Program Director/Music Director/Afternoon DJ, 2001 - 2014I was responsible for all on-air programming for KHQT-FM (Hot 103), from talent development & coaching to brand management and station promotions. I selected and scheduled the music that we played on the station, and maintained the music library. I also hosted the station's afternoon show, weekdays from 3p-7p.
Chris Brown Claims Canada Won't Let Him In, Tour Dates Canceled
UPDATE: After this story was published, Chris Brown deleted his tweets. You can still read the text below.
InspireFirst - Sharing the inspiration with the World
Inspirefirst.com combines the idea of inspiration sharing with the popular blog publishing format, thus creating a unique and open online en
Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman: Manufacturing's Mouthpiece
Caterpillar’s CEO made $22 million last year. Some of his employees are on food stamps. Mina Kimes | Businessweek | May 2013
Top Documentary Films - Watch Free Documentaries Online
Watch free, streaming, online documentary films and movies. Collection of stunning, eyeopening, interesting, controversial, full-length docu
The Digg Newsroom - Sifting the News from the Noise | Digg About
The Digg Newsroom - Sifting the News from the Noise. Written by Matt Williams • Filed under Company. Today we're introducing the next st
Paul Krugman Obliterates the Myth that Low Business Taxes Create Jobs
When Paul Krugman was confronted with the right wing myth that lower business taxes create jobs on ABC’s "This Week," the Nobel Prize winner
Obama’s presidential vacation stirs up the never-ending holiday debate -...
Obama: 61, Bush: 180, Clinton: 28. Judging a president by the days he takes off