Community Manager, 2014 - present
This is a new position at Boxer so we're still working on the job description and duties.
Responsible for increasing tenant retention and satisfaction.
• Implementation and analysis of tenant satisfaction data through surveys.
• Implementation of tenant business and networking events.
• Stay up to date on current trends regarding networking and business events.
Social Media Manager, 2013 - 2014
Responsible for all social media channels and blog management for American Textile Recycling Service (ATRS), tactical execution of outgoing communication plans and aiding in promoting company events and partnerships.
• Stay up to date on current trends/issues regarding textile recycling and clothing collection.
• Stay up to date with current trends and best practices on social media marketing as it pertains to ATRS.
• Maintain the company image on various social media platforms through timely content creation, curation, management, monitoring and reporting.
• Maintain a high degree of written professionalism while injecting personality into social media content.
• Ensure company representation is on target with ATRS mission and company values.
• Utilize social media and inbound marketing to establish ATRS as a leader in the recycling industry and a respected member of the green living community online.
• Prepares various types of reports and correspondence regarding specific marketing campaigns utilizing stats and data gathered from various sources.
• Coordinate efforts with marketing team regarding events and other marketing initiatives for distributions across demographically specific platforms.
• Assists in research for the development of marketing event initiatives.
• Continually seeking new opportunities to engage with ATRS online community members and potential partners.
Expert Contributor, 2011 - 2013
Plains All American Pipeline
Controller, 2007 - 2012
Operate pipelines remotely from Pipeline Control Center via SCADA system; diagnose potential problems and respond to alarm conditions that may exist; and interface with schedulers with regard to pumping orders.
• Assure the accurate, efficient and on time movement of commodities to and from designated locations as scheduled
• Remotely control and operate field equipment via SCADA to initiate, terminate and re-direct commodity movements as defined by the pipeline schedule
• Monitor and provide real-time surveillance of the pipeline systems, by whatever means available, to maintain knowledge of the current operational conditions of the pipeline, equipment, instrumentation, and communications
• Maintain contact with Field personnel so as to be able to leverage support and assistance as needed
• Recognition and response to unexpected conditions (UC) or abnormal operating conditions (AOC)
• Maintain required training (Operator Qualification).
• Follow procedures in the Control Room Management, Operations & Maintenance, and Emergency Response Plans
Online Editor, 2011 - 2012
In May 2011 with the merger of YourPhotoTips.com and Pixiq.com I stayed on as a contributor as part of the deal. In July 2011 I was asked to join the Sterling Publishing Digital Marketing Team as the Online Editor of Pixiq.com in a consulting role. My assignment was to work remotely (Midland, TX) on Pixiq.com in coordination with the Sterling Digital Marketing Team based mostly in New York, NY to increase reader engagement, social network outreach and branding, and manage the many expert contributors.
I located and changed inefficiencies with the website regarding reader activity. Website UI and design changes were implemented as well as updates and upgrades to the Pixiq.com website (Drupal).
Next we tackled social media encouragement and engagement with our readers and contributors both through the website and our social media channels.
I implemented ongoing education on best blogging tactics and social media practices for our contributors.
By the end of my tenure we were able to realize growth in all of our key digital marketing targets including a 225% increase in Twitter followers, 109% increase in Facebook fans, and an 865% increase in E-Newsletter subscribers.
Administrative duties included; management of a major website with multiple expert contributors, brand reputation management and continuous improvement in public communications, increase and manage reader engagement.
• Monitoring all social media for reader and consumer insight
• Pulling internal reporting data and following creative workflow tasks
• Creating monthly reports and presentation
• Brand and competitive analysis - analyze, measure and report on reader engagement
• Working with global contributors on social media and best blogging and content creation guidelines
• Researching and maintaining cutting-edge social media developments and identifying key points of opportunity for the social media strategy and the organization as a whole
Your Photo Tips Blog
Editor/Photographer/Contributor, 2007 - 2011
In 2008 I started YourPhotoTips.com as a hobby. I was interested in the idea that other photographers would be able to learn from my past experiences as a portrait and wedding photographer. I knew it would be fun and a little scary to put my ideas out into the wild, but I never imagined how much the website would grow. Digital marketing and social media became a passionate driving force behind the success of YouPhotoTips.com.
From the beginning brand management and outreach was essential. I utilized the high concentration of photographers on Flickr to create a Flickr group for the website and sought out sponsors for contests to help drive traffic to the website. Twitter was a seamless transition for social media engagement and the website's Twitter handle grew to over 25,000 amazing followers who frequently shared links and engaged in great conversation.
In March 2011 I was approached by Sterling Publishing, a wholly owned subsidiary of Barnes and Noble. In May YourPhotoTips.com merged with Pixiq.com. I stayed on as a contributor until July 2011 when I became the Online Editor of Pixiq.com in a consultant role to the Sterling Digital Marketing Team.
Administrative duties included; build and manage a technical website and blog, brand reputation management and continuous improvement in public communications, SEO, and SEM.
• Monitoring social media for reader insight and engagement opportunities
• Pulling internal reporting data and following created workflow tasks
• Working with global advertisers
• Brand and competitive analysis - analyze and measure reader engagement
• Researching and integrating cutting-edge search engine optimization and search engine marketing best practices and identifying key points of opportunity for better placement on search engine page placement
• Researching and maintaining cutting-edge social media developments and identifying key points of opportunity for the social media strategy and the website as a whole