- Dalhousie UniversityResearch Zoologist, present
- Lidgard PhotographyPhotographer, present
Damian Lidgard was born in England in 1969. His interest in nature photography began in 1990 after graduating from university with a Bachelor's degree in Zoology. Damian's interest in photography lies closer to the eye than the camera, and has used his zoological training and experience to develop his skills in observation.
In 2006, Damian further developed these skills through studying Miksang contemplative photography. This meditative art form transformed his view of the world and encouraged him to take a more confident, gentle and meditative approach. His perceptions are inspired by the elements of colour and light, texture and form, space and time.
Damian is now based in Halifax, Canada where he combines his work as a zoologist and photographer. A focus of Damian's photography is Sable Island, NS. He has visited the island as a zoologist each year since 1997 and has become acquainted with the true character of this remarkable place.
- Humberstone Comprehensive'O' level, 1980 - 1985
- Lindsey School'A' level, 1985 - 1987
- University of ReadingBSc Zoology, 1987 - 1990
- University of AberdeenMsc Environmental Science, 1992 - 1993
- University College Cork - National University of Ireland, CorkMsc Zoology, 1997 - 1999
- Universite de La RochellePh.D Zoology, 1999 - 2003
- University of St AndrewsPost doctorate, 2003 - 2004