Atheists now make up the third-largest global group in a new study of the world's faiths - coming after Christians and Muslims but just before Hindus.
9 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 34 previous comments
- You said "99.9% exclusive to humans". Actually humans as a race are 99.9% similar to each other in terms of DNA.
We share 98.8% of our DNA with Chimpanzees.
Therefore only 1.2% of our DNA is exclusive to Humans.
Therefore do you agree we are at least 98% similar to our primate cousins on genetic terms.Dec 27, 2012
- WE DO NOT SHARE 98% WITH YOUR ANCESTERS THE CHIMPANZEES. YOU ARE NOT CORRECT IN THAT. Double check your assertion please. You are wrong. Direct quote: "Geneticists have come up with a variety of ways of calculating the percentages, which give different impressions about how similar chimpanzees and humans are. The 1.2% chimp-human distinction, for example, involves a measurement of only substitutions in the base building blocks of those genes that chimpanzees and humans share. A comparison of the entire genome, however, indicates that segments of DNA have also been deleted, duplicated over and over, or inserted from one part of the genome into another. When these differences are counted, there is an additional 4 to 5% distinction between the human and chimpanzee genomes." . Read carefully to not be deceived! by incorrect assumptions. Happy 2013.Dec 28, 2012
- I had read that part but even when adding in the additional 4 5% distinction it means we are around 98% minus 4-5% for this distinction which still means around 93% of our DNA is the same.
Many people who believe in Jesus as our Saviour still believe in Evolution. If you say you have Faith in God thats fair enough im not gonna judge you but if you try and argue that we have not evolved even in the face of all the Science which says other wise there's no reasoning with you.
In the same article you are quoting they say this "The strong similarities between humans and the African great apes led Charles Darwin in 1871 to predict that Africa was the likely place where the human lineage branched off from other animals"
And the whole article is talking about our last common ancestors being primates. Therefore you can not use this article to argue the opposite point.
What are you academic qualifications ?
In addition using CAPITAL LETTERS does not help your argument.Dec 28, 2012
- I am using the same information regarding HUMAN DNA that the site posted and my conclusions absolutely differ from the illogical Atheistic view, and you find fault with the scientific information?. Take it up with them, not me. "Evolution" of man is a Fantasy sold to biased ignorant people. You can include yourself among them if you wish. DNA evidence regarding the whole DNA spectrum is quite conclusive to me. Only humans partake of the 99.9 % similitude, NO ANIMALS. Period!.Dec 28, 2012
- Guess your online article is the only absolute truth and I shoudl get my money back for that one Anthropology class in college. Let's also destroy the many many fossils that have linked us to a chain of animal ancestry. Burn all the books and studies as well. You are confusing the results of the article and trying to deny facts as if we were talking about climate change. There's absolutely no deying and no argument in the scientific community about us sharing DNA with animals. Not even sure if you know DNA is at this point, but the basic molecules of proteins and acids and all the atoms tha compose it are shared by all living things at some level.
It may be offensive for you to feel you come from chimps, but to me it's more offensive to think we came from mud or whatever bible nonsense you choose to believe. Matter cannot be created or destroyed and we are nothing but that, matter. What we have evolved into is a consequence to the many changes our planet has undergone. We weren't just flown here by jesus in a chariot of fire.
Also most of the comments on the thread have been respectful and based on logical arguments, it must be tough being the only religious person on it but not sure calling everyone ignorant or arrogant helps the conversation. I do not know you or anyone here and would never assume to know how intelligent they are based on their religious affiliation. Maybe it's time you do as your jesus guy suggests and accept everyone spread the loveDec 28, 2012
- You made me smile, my intention is not to offend anyone, but it is inevitable that some do. The whole "Evolution" of man theater mascara-ding as science is sold wholesale in schools and colleges in the world, but i do not buy it, no. The GOD of the Jews and Christians, and
so they saythe Muslims did not need to "Evolve" humanity. And the DNA information that i shared here comes from those that support your so called "Theory". I do no see simians or even some hominids as part of our ancestry, but be my guest and claim them as yours since you do buy the common claim. The statement that says that all humans share 99.9 % of the same DNA was not made by me but the Smithsonian. If you find fault with the quote, i suggest you take it up with them , not me. My conclusion based on those readings is quite simple and direct. We do not share the 99.9% DNA proportion with anyone except other humans. So wake up Sherlock and prove me wrong based on that specific issue. Period!. Have a happy end of 2012. Sincerely.Dec 28, 2012