Has the Tories’ Gay Marriage rebellion damaged Cameron’s leadership? Have your say: http://bit.ly/XntnY9
one plus one
Shared publicly•View activity
View 4 previous comments
- It wasn't one man. It was 650 elected representatives of the people - it's called a democracy. It was a free vote in the House of Commons, meaning every single MP from every party could, and did, vote as their conscious dictated. If the overwhelming public attitude was against this, the Bill would not have passed.Feb 6, 2013
- Dave it was one man who made almost an empasioned plea on TV while the debate was underway. He was using HIS full weight to dictate the terms of HIS future 'you scratch my back' attitude. He should have kept his trap shut during the debate process, it was electioneering stakes.Feb 6, 2013
- I'll admit it was odd he wasn't there, but I think he was entertaining the Vice President of the US? Not sure of the details.
But, you could say over 70 MPs made passionate pleas on TV during the debate, both for and against, as the whole thing was televised.
I understand your point, though. But isn't that politics? If you haven't watched The Thick Of It (especially season 2) then I highly recommend it!Feb 6, 2013
- David Cameron is like Odo the shape shifter in charge of Deep Space Nine.Feb 6, 2013
- How dare you. Odo was awesome! :)Feb 6, 2013
- Sorry Dave, you are correct, and honorable as well.Feb 6, 2013