8 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 20 previous comments
- agreed. and a great point you have raised too.
However, non whites are in minority in the UK. There is no arguing that. When you (not you but a collective you) use a statment such as "Black people seem to be stopped more "Randomly" than white people." you take the WHOLE population of the UK into consideration and an average of ALL the check points/areas in the UK is taken.
I completely agree with what you are saying, however I believe that this statement is based on an average of the UK population, not coming from someone in Brixton
If the total number of stops are divided into white and non white, which side do you think will have more 'stops'. In a country predominantly white, you would think its not the latter.
Is that not true?Jan 9, 2013
- Im black i hardly get stopped...Jan 9, 2013
- good for you..
p.s. you dont look very black to me
p.p.s You are not sympathetic to this person considering you have pasted the story about Mo farah on your wall? lolJan 9, 2013
- I just find it bit repetitive with the police issue that's all...ye I'm blackJan 9, 2013
- Obviously you're doing something wrong. Try wearing a hood and looking suspicious, like you have or are about to commit a crime. This usually works. Believe it or not you don't even have to be black!Jan 9, 2013
- From what I recall of the Lawrence thing, Stephen Lawrence was a 'college kid' and his murderers were bone-headed chavs. Did anyone think to examine the classist, inverted snobbery as a motive? Of course not.
Labour brought back the class system which all but died out in the upwardly mobile eighties. So many kids, black or white, are attacked for the way they dress or speak or because they simply want to get on.
Why doesn't the media blame the Left for encouraging class war and keeping people - what they call 'working class' locked in ghettos and slums and welfare dependency?
Racism provides good headlines and soft targets, so many people's careers depend upon it and it enables the real causes of poverty and disenfranchisement to be swept under a rug.Jan 9, 2013