Well, today I'm fixing another customer's computer crippled by +Skype
Now, you're thinking "Crippled by Skype? It's not Malware, or a virus, its legit software"
And you would be correct in thinking that.
But in this case, it might as well be a virus.
What we have here is a computer, that when it boots, becomes unusable as soon as Skype loads. To the point where nothing else will load, hell windows don't even have title bars.
Loading of any program results in errors such as "Not Enough Space" (even though there's 40GB of free space) and even better errors such as "The .DLL is not a valid windows library"
If you're lucky enough to load Task Manager before Skype Auto-starts at boot, and kill its process, suddenly everything works fine.
Load Skype manually, shit hits the fan, everything running crashes, and no other programs will start. End Skype again with Task Manager, and suddenly everything starts working again.
It couldn't be anymore obvious that there's a major issue with the latest version of Skype on XP.If suddenly your XP machine is completely unusable, smashing you with error messages, and cant even shut down using the start menu: here's what to do to fix it;
1. Power off your computer by pressing and holding the power button for Five Seconds.
2. Turn your computer on, and just before the XP boot screen appears, start repeatedly pressing F8
(If the XP boot screen appears as normal, you were too slow, reboot and try again)
3. If you now see a black screen with a lot of white text, select "Safe Mode" and then press enter.
4. Once windows boots into Safe Mode, select "Administrator" at the logon screen.
5. Once the machine has booted to the Safe Mode Desktop, press "Start" and select "Control Panel"
6. Once in Control Panel, select "Add or Remove Programs"
7. Find Skype in the list and Uninstall it.
8. Once Skype is removed from your computer, restart the computer.
It should now work again.
Q. What will I do without Skype?
A. Find an alternative that doesn't suck, such as Google Hangouts and get everyone else to start using it too.