Today we have new digital titles at lower price. Are you picking up any from this list? http://bit.ly/ReadDCE
8 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 10 previous comments
- Don't appologize, your right the pleasure is in the art and story. I accept that my collecting impulse is a manefestation of a borderline obsessive personality. However, the act of going through my boxes is an experience that allows me to re-discover some of those stories and art. As I file a recent aquisition I might come across an issue of the Flash with a particularly grand bit of Carmine Infantino cover art. Inspired I re-read it and the next dozen issues. That's one way that, for me, having paper helps me enjoy comics.
I can understand the appeal of digital. In fact if DC ever starts releasing silver and golden age books in digital format I'll be buying an I-pad and will be buying them like crazy. Honestly I get nervous reading my older books and Digital would give me a more comfortable way read those without having to worry about damaging a book I paide $300 for.
I'm not trying to say that paper is better. It's just how I like to experience things. Digital books are great, but I just prefer paper.
I also like the old ads, sometimes they are more entertaining than some of the books. I look at all that old paper as having as much a cultural hitorical value as the value of the art it self.
That's just me.Aug 10, 2012
- Um.. DC is releasing tons of books from their entire catalog. Lots of books from the 60's-80's, and a few from before.Aug 10, 2012
- My focus will be 1939-1957Aug 10, 2012
- Aug 10, 2012
- Thanks, that's great, is there just batman stuff or are more characters covered?Aug 10, 2012
- I would like to see some old worlds finests and more secret files and origins go digital!!Aug 10, 2012