Looking for some good tunes to be the sound track of my evening.
I've seen a few posts here & there about this, so I thought I'd try to make a short post here. The tl;dr is "abrupt changes take time to be visible in Search Console."
When it comes to the aggregated reports in Search Console, there are two time-elements involved that are good to be aware of:
1) latency from crawling to reporting. It takes a few days (to about a week) for Search Console to display data after it's been crawled. There are various processes that run over the data, and Search Console tries to reflect the final state -- which can take a bit of time to get. This is particularly visible with an abrupt change, such as going from "no AMP pages" to "lots of AMP pages".
2) Per-URL crawl rates differ. Some URLs are crawled every few minutes, others just every couple months, and many somewhere in between. If you go from "all URLs are broken" to "all URLs are fixed" (which is awesome if you have a way to do that!), it will take some time to drop to "zero errors" in the aggregated reports. This is probably too much, but I created a simple spreadsheet to show that, feel free to make a copy & play with it: https://goo.gl/1pToL8 (screenshot here too)
When it comes to AMP, if you've recently set it up for your site (woot!), I'd recommend checking the live URLs in the meantime. That way, you can double-check the important pages right away, and use the aggregated reports as a way of spotting stragglers.
1. Read the Google Search guidelines for AMP pages: https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6340290
2. Make sure your pages technically implement AMP correctly: https://www.ampproject.org/docs/guides/validate.html
You can check this in a browser for any AMP page - don't be afraid of Chrome's Dev-Tools :).
3. Double-check that you're using the right markup ( https://developers.google.com/structured-data/rich-snippets/articles ) using the Structured Data Testing Tool: https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/
If you have more questions on AMP, how they're shown in Google Search, or about the reporting in Search Console, feel free to drop by our help forum at https://goo.gl/5msNI6
Then come visit! :D
- Western State Colorado University MountaineersWeb Manager, 2013 - presentManaging the Western State Colorado University website, Digital Marketing, Responsive Email Template Design, Social Media Marketing, and serving the various departments' online needs.
- WebVixn.com Internet SolutionsWeb Developer, Webmistress, eMarketing Consultant, 2004 - 2013Design/Develop B2B and B2C websites and digital marketing strategy. Email Marketing, Media Purchases, Targeted Direct Marketing, SEO/SEM, E-commerce, Data Management, Training, website design, content strategy.
- Cyndi Smith Internet MarketingConsultant/Webmaster, 2000 - 2004
- The Obie CompanyMarketing & Events Manager/Webmaster, 1996 - 1999Marketing Manager, Webmaster. Direct mail campaigns, website development, printed collateral, offline marketing channels.
- Crested Butte Mountain ResortInternet Marketing Manager, 1999 - 2002Webmaster and Digital Marketing Manager, Email Marketing, Digital Channel Marketing, Media Placement, SEO, SEM, blogging, photography, graphic design.
- CBMRResort Engineering Coordinator/Energy Analyst, 1993 - 1994
- LexusMarketing Administrator, 1994 - 1996Marketing collateral management, marketing promotions coordinator, national sales promotions coordinator, advertising committee.
- Global Water TechnologiesMarketing Coordinator, 1991 - 1993
- ResortimeInternet Marketing Manager, 2003 - 2005
- Win Win Internet SolutionsConsultant Designer, 1994 - 1999
- Prehistoric worm
Excited to take my web development, management and marketing skills into a new realm: Higher Education! After 9 years of independence as a consultant (and mom), I'm back in the work force and proud to be leading the Western State Colorado University web team.
- Trinity Valley School
- University of Texas, AustinBA Economics, BS Mathematics, BA English, 1991
- Southern Methodist UniversityEconomics (doctoral program)
- University of PhoenixEducation (MAEd)
"High and Hallowed: Everest 1963" Film Showing | Western State Colorado ...
Part of the ROE What Is Leadership? Speaker Series. Jake Norton, co-producer and co-director of this award-winning film will be present at t
It's time to consider restricting human breeding (Wired UK)
Given the number of children that starve each day, dwindling planetary resources and the coming transhumanist era, it might be time to consi
3 Tips for Connecting With the Growing U.S. Hispanic Market | LinkedIn
If you follow the marketing trades, you know that there is a big opportunity in the U.S. Hispanic market. Some of the largest brands in the
Lauren Kieffer: Nine Years to An Overnight Sensation
So, my dears, I'm atypically at a loss for words. I've been both eager to write this blog post and puzzling over how to do it. The short for
Cyndi Smith (VIXN) I unlocked 'Outstanding! #5' on Empire Avenue
Empire Avenue: Social Media Rocket Fuel to Expand, Engage and Evaluate your Social Networks!