The Wanacry Ransomware Explained
216 plus ones
Shared publicly•View activity
View 17 previous comments
- Both of those were patched a few hours after they were made known - even before those were pushed to mainstream distros, users could manually fix the issues.
Even if this hadn't happened in mainstream, users could still have fixed it themselves. With closed source projects you need to hope for the mercy of your vendor.
Open source projects' houses are clean of known bugs by definition :)2w
- so dissidents are now a target of the NSA and not people to be protected form their government?2w
- i know, i was about to point that out myself! That's why i said it was overblown. :)2w
- Ah, whoops, sorry, replied to the wrong person.
That's obviously closed source's fault, too ;)2w
- if that's the case, I've seen some running OS/2.
Still more secure, tho.2w
- You also shouldn't permanently mount your remote backup server.2w