My latest article in takes on this topic. Bottom line is that Google may not be looking at rel=author tags, and they may not be evaluating author authority as a ranking factor, BUT, establishing author authority is still a big deal.
Check out the full story here!
A big thank you to each of the speakers this year: , , , , , , , , Scott Petersen, , Matt Holsen, Karen Sherman, , and .
Although I live in Iowa, I work in South Dakota, and whether that were the case or not, I still have a vested interest in national topics, especially the one talked about in the round table for this event.
Although some hate the long presidential election cycle, I rather enjoy it most of the time. Sure, it is extremely long and seems to get longer every time around, but living in Iowa gives one an opportunity many do not have: meeting many of the candidates in person.
Anyway, this is my warning post to all those that hate politics. Just as I did 4 years ago, I plan to give updates on all the mailings, phone calls, and personal meetings with candidates as they happen. Things will still be "slow" over the next few months; but the last three months of this year, leading up to next year's Iowa Caucuses will become very active. I know not everyone has the opportunity to meet the candidates first hand or see the extremely dirty tactics some candidates (or their "un-associated" groups) use on a daily basis. I hope to share my daily interactions with the candidates' mailings, phone calls, and campaign appearances.
Let the long process begin with this announcement from Ted Cruz....
Google AdWords Search: Check
Google AdWords Display: Check
Google AdWords Video: Check
Google Shopping: Check
Google Analytics: Check
Some would rejoice when you have finally gotten certified in each of the and tests available from . Unfortunately, all I can think about right now, is all that time I need to spend retaking the tests when the certifications expire.
- Click RainOnline Marketing Strategist, 2012 - present
- Sioux Falls SoftballASA Slow Pitch Softball Umpire, 2012 - 2014
- Alpha Omega PublicationsPPC, Analytics, and SEO Specialist, 2005 - 2012
- West Gate Baptist ChurchMarketing, Web Engineer, Teaching, 2004 - 2005
- Accelerated Christian EducationAudio/Video Technician, 2003 - 2004
- PRG Promotions, Inc.Web Engineer, 2002 - 2003
- City of ZanesvilleASA Slow Pitch Softball Umpire, 1995 - 2005
- State of Ohio - Dillon State ParkCamp Store Clerk, 2001 - 2002
- Corbett/Mock Cabinet Co.Office Manager, 2000 - 2000
- Shaw Video CommunicationsVideographer, 1998 - 2000
- City of ZanesvilleLunch Coordinator, 1998 - 1998
- City of ZanesvilleFood Monitor, 1997 - 1997
- City of ZanesvillePlayground Leader, 1995 - 1996
- A Beka VideoQC Operator, 1994 - 1998
I graduated with a degree in Communications of which I had a concentration in Broadcasting and a Minor in History.
I married Gwendolyn (Fluker) Jacob on Saturday, January 8, 2005. Tasha G. Jacob was born a month early on Saturday, October 1, 2005. Connor W. Jacob was born almost two months early on May 13, 2010.
I am currently involved in marketing in the area of website analytics, seo, ppc, and social media. I have been Google AdWords and Analytics Qualified
- Pensacola Christian CollegeCommunications/Broadcasting, 1994 - 1998
- Zanesville Christian SchoolK-12 - High School Diploma, 1981 - 1994