I often find myself explaining to our clients why their presence on Google+ is so important. People outside the industry tend to think it’s just another social network (and one that no one is using). The truth is, whether the network is popular or not, Google loves it when you play in their sandbox.
I think this is especially evident in both the construction (plumbing for instance) and digital marketing (AdWords, Social, SEO) industries.
It is extremely tough to find experienced employees in both of these industries. And you certainly aren't going to find many people with a plumbing or seo college degree.
Companies need to be willing to train workers again. If you hire someone with the right cultural fit for your company as well as a person with a willingness to learn and work hard, you can train the details of your job's requirements.
If we don't start training now, it will become even more difficult to find workers in the future. Spending the time in training now will pay off as you will keep your employees longer (assuming you hired the person that fits your culture in the first place).
Training takes time though and a company must be willing to spend that time. This means, their current employees can't be overworked already. If your employees (and yourself) don't have time to train, then there is a bigger issue, you may want to address. And you can't blame a lack of time on having not enough employees. That is a symptom of a bigger issue.
- Click RainOnline Marketing Strategist, 2012 - present
- Sioux Falls SoftballASA Slow Pitch Softball Umpire, 2012 - 2013
- Alpha Omega PublicationsPPC, Analytics, and SEO Specialist, 2005 - 2012
- West Gate Baptist ChurchMarketing, Web Engineer, Teaching, 2004 - 2005
- Accelerated Christian EducationAudio/Video Technician, 2003 - 2004
- PRG Promotions, Inc.Web Engineer, 2002 - 2003
- City of ZanesvilleASA Slow Pitch Softball Umpire, 1995 - 2005
- State of Ohio - Dillon State ParkCamp Store Clerk, 2001 - 2002
- Corbett/Mock Cabinet Co.Office Manager, 2000 - 2000
- Shaw Video CommunicationsVideographer, 1998 - 2000
- City of ZanesvilleLunch Coordinator, 1998 - 1998
- City of ZanesvilleFood Monitor, 1997 - 1997
- City of ZanesvillePlayground Leader, 1995 - 1996
- A Beka VideoQC Operator, 1994 - 1998
I graduated with a degree in Communications of which I had a concentration in Broadcasting and a Minor in History.
I married Gwendolyn (Fluker) Jacob on Saturday, January 8, 2005. Tasha G. Jacob was born a month early on Saturday, October 1, 2005. Connor W. Jacob was born almost two months early on May 13, 2010.
I am currently involved in marketing in the area of website analytics, seo, ppc, and social media. I am Google AdWords and Analytics Qualified
- Pensacola Christian CollegeCommunications/Broadcasting, 1994 - 1998
- Zanesville Christian SchoolHigh School Diploma, 1981 - 1994