Profile cover photo
Profile photo
CTA Architects Engineers
39 followers -
Pioneering Environments
Pioneering Environments

39 followers
About
Posts

Post has attachment
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
It's summer, temperatures are soaring, and the sunshine is unrelenting. So is now the time to go solar? Boise LEED-accredited electrical engineer Tyler Victorino -- a staunch proponent of sustainable solutions for clients -- said yes, adding a photovoltaic array to his own house this year.

Early number crunching suggested an ROI of about 10 years, but a few factors have Tyler optimistic it'll pay for itself far sooner. Check out his story in the first installment of CTA's new blog feature, "Practicing What We Preach": http://goo.gl/O1oNcP.
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Located on a thoroughfare once described by Playboy Magazine as "the longest, wickedest street in America," Denver's Galaxie building is getting a much needed overhaul -- and CTA is there to help ready it for new tenants: Cerebral Brewing​, The Humble Pie Store​, and an as-yet-unnamed restaurant.

In her latest blog entry, project manager Laura Koehler shares some insight and artwork, and answers the all-important question: "When's it gonna open?" http://goo.gl/qYwmfm
Photo
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Elementary school kids taught CTA architect David Koel a thing or two about how to design a home during an Imagine IF Libraries event in Kalispell, Montana this spring.

"It’s pretty amazing what kids this age are capable of," Koel said. "With only a few seconds of training, most of them were intuitively crafting the basics of their very own 3D houses — adding tunnels, water features, helipads, and skyways — each one more bizarre than the previous."

Read about David's experience and his lowball employment offer to the kids.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
Does saving upwards of $20,000 a year on energy costs sound like a good idea for your organization? It did to Benefis Health System, who deployed CTA's Healthcare Facility Design Professional Cory Jassen to retrofit their water heating system.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
#‎Billings‬ architect Shannon Peterson led student tours during Newman Elementary's annual Career Day a few weeks ago. The kids visited Billings Public Schools' Career Education Center; WyndStone, a CTA-designed assisted living facility; and the Montana State University Billings campus. Afterward, thank you letters poured in citing all sorts of great lessons like female empowerment ("I loved how I learned that girls can [do] mechanical stuff") and occupational goal-setting ("Now I am thinking of being [an] architect").

Read about Shannon's experience and view more thank you letter snippets in her blog post.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
A South Kalispell Urban Renewal Plan -- which will consider trails, parks, business developments, and more -- is underway. But there's been a major sticking point: many in town have conflicting views on what to do with the Kalispell City Airport: leave it, improve it, or demolish it?

CTA has been working closely with the City and community to help answer that question, and to determine what's next for south Kalispell, Montana​. "Nothing has really happened to date that looked at this area from a holistic standpoint, and this is the opportunity to do that now," Wayne Freeman, principal and head of CTA's SITE team, said in a recent TV interview.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
CTA's newest office is now open in Minneapolis. But why the Twin Cities? Who's staffing it? And how close is it to the Minnesota Twins' baseball stadium? Read on to find out!
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
James Foster of CTA Austin participated in a GCUC POP panel discussion during SXSW Interactive in March. The discussion, which focused on the coworking phenomenon and resultant office space design, led James to draft a blog entry sharing the findings of the group.

"Office space design is really only about 25% of the equation," he writes. "The other 75% is..."

CLICK TO READ HIS FULL POST.
Add a comment...

Post has attachment
As part of Canstruction and in support of the Missoula Food Bank​, a team from CTA and Stockman Bank erected "Fort StockCAN Bank" -- a medieval tower built out of canned beans, olives, and Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee​ products. Click for pics!

http://www.canstruction.org/about/
Add a comment...
Wait while more posts are being loaded