Artful Leadership Workshops give participants the opportunity to practice these skills:
* Inquiry that provokes new insights, connections, possibilities, and directions
* Visual Literacy and Observation: The ability to observe, think critically and make meaning from images and information presented
* Cross-pollinating ideas: Thinking together, across cultures, networks and disciplines
* Connecting the unconnected to produce new ideas
* Experimenting intellectually and experientially. Learning by doing.
* Rehearsing “what if” options that lead to meaningful insights
*Active Listening: Listening to learn, rather than gather ammunition for an argument
* Reflecting through painting, contemplation, journal writing and dialogue to integrate theory with practice, and enhance learning, including learning from mistakes
* Designing strategies, actions and viable solutions.
This picture was taken at the IDRIART Arts in Business conference at the Castle Borl in 2002. Lotte Darso pictured here has since become a leading researcher on what business can learn from the arts. #artsbasedlearning #artsbasedtraining #artsinbusiness #creativity #creativityatwork