With only a few hiccups, mostly due to poor WiFi signal, my current set up is working very good. Here is my what I have and what I plan on doing in the future.
1) Chromecast in each TV. I feel the Chromecast is one of the most innovative devices for streaming content. Its a swiss army knife. If I can't send video from an app I'm using, I can just cast my whole phone. I can walk into the house, open any app I want to watch video or listen to music or a podcast with and the TV turns on and switches to the correct input automatically. I can adjust the volume and now even use the TV remote to play and pause.
2) The content:
First I had to find apps and services that would replace as many shows as we watched previously on cable while saving the most money.
We already had a Netflix account so I don't really count it in the savings. We were paying $165/m for the mid tier cable package HD with a second extender box for another TV and internet connection. No extra movie channels. No HBO. No sports. Netflix is $9/m.
We found that Hulu Plus offers most of the shows we watch and only added another $9/m.
We have an original Apple TV but never use it anymore.
I keep adding more free apps to my collection. They must offer something I find interesting to watch and have Chromecast support. Here they are...
Next up, I plan on something more difficult. Combining an HD antenna with one of my old Mac-minis and a few apps. One app needs to be able to record the incoming stream from over the air live feeds, while the another app needs to serve those recorded shows to the Chromecast. So far I'm thinking of using Plex for the server but still haven't found a good recording (DVR) app.
Or, purchase a simple.tv 2 dual tuner box that will take in the live feed from the antenna, record any show into external hard drive and cast it to the TV with a nice looking app. I found the box on Amazon used for $50 and the antenna I want is around $70.
#micnotworking #speakernotworking #nexus5
Bento (I'm beta testing) is doing it's own cards with no widgets yet.
I wonder if it's even possible (without a ROM) to see Now first thing after unlock and with Home button press.
- MLBAMMedia Delivery Coordinator, 2015 - presentIn charge of keeping the content flowing for the Sony Playstation Vue streaming video service.
- Vaco SF for Google Play/YouTubeEncoding Operations Technician, 2012 - 2015Responsible for quality assurance for Google Play movies and library TV content. Diagnose source file problems and run tests as well as denoise video to improve visual quality for older titles. Admin team website.
- Filmcore SFDigital Media Technician, 2012 - 2012Digital media distribution
- DVS InteleStreamDigital Media Technician, 2010 - 2012Digital media distribution, DVD authoring
- Five Star Video, IncTape Operator, 1996 - 2010Tape duplication, conversions, assemble and non-linear editing, DVD authoring
- Intense2, LLCOwner, 2004 - 2009Web design/Hosting, digital media ingest, output to tape and editing, DVD authoring
Sound/speaker issue with Nexus 5 - Google Product Forums
Sound/speaker issue with Nexus 5, Wladek Kinastowski, 4/15/15 8:33 PM. Hi there. My wife and I have two first generation Nexus 5 phones, pur
List of MTV VJs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Part of a series on. MTV in the United States. MTV channels · MTV2 · Tres · mtvU · MTV Hits · Jams · Programs on MTV. MTV personalities. Cen
Google Lat Long: A new Google Maps app for smartphone and tablets
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 1:30 AM. Today we're introducing a new Google Maps app for Android smartphones and tablets, also coming soon to
Goal Zero and AT&T join up for Street Charge in NYC
Goal Zero's solar charging products are a favorite here at TUAW, and the company loves New Yorkers -- it provided a number of charging produ
AT&T Adds New ‘Mobility Administrative Fee’ To Your Monthly Wireless...
Starting in May, AT&T is introducing a new “Mobility Administrative Fee” to the bill of all postpaid customers. The new fee will cost AT&T c
'SMS integration is coming soon' to Google Hangouts | Android Central
Googler confirms text message integration will come to the new messaging app
Guy Kawasaki - Google+ - (Thu04) Nike introduces Nike Fuel, a wristband ...
(Thu04) Nike introduces Nike Fuel, a wristband to track your activity level. I would buy one just to compare to +Robert Scoble. I'll kick hi
Hearing Sparks: Made for iPhone Hearing Aids: Intriguing News About iOS 6
I can't find much more information about this online (not even who the "top manufacturers" are). The wording of this comment seems ambiguous
Guy Kawasaki - Google+ - (Fri02) Looking at things from a different angl...
(Fri02) Looking at things from a different angle. Surprising Photo: Camel Illusion More on http://national-geographic.alltop.com/