How to Close With Style
This week on The Lede, we take one more big step in our podcast journey through the essential elements of a blog post.
On this episode we analyze number ten: how to close with style.
And much to my delight, I got to kick off the festivities with a dramatic reading of one of my favorite lines from one of my favorite movies.
In this episode, Demian and I discuss the following:
- Why is the ending so important?
- The impacts of the primacy effect and the recency effect
- What it means to “shrink the change” in your closing (and why it works)
- The five ways to close a blog post (plus a bonus #6!)
- How to use emotion in the close
- How to nail the last line
- Why your ending needs to bring your post full circle
And much more in tomorrow's post. Stay tuned. Update: post is now live:http://www.copyblogger.com/lede-close-with-style/
And if you haven't already, get Copyblogger delivered directly to your inbox:http://www.copyblogger.com/subscribe/