How to Curate Knowledge, Turn it Into Wisdom, and Build Your Audience
In tomorrow's episode of The Lede, Jerod and Demian continue their series in curation (their last in the series and last for the summer) discuss:
- What is knowledge?
- What is the difference between knowledge and wisdom?
- What is the benefit of curating knowledge?
- How does knowledge curation help you find hooks? (And why are they so important?)
- Is it better to be a generalist or a specialist?
- The benefit of obsessing about one topic per year
- What do The Wire, Orange Is the New Black, and Benjamin Franklin all have in common?
- How TV marathons, podcasts, and MOOCs help you curate the knowledge you need
- How to store and organize the knowledge you curate
- Demian’s warning about overlooking the importance of emotional intelligence
- Does reading fiction help you develop emotional intelligence?
- What are one or two specific actions you can take to improve your knowledge curation today?
And, yes, Demian mispronounces another rapper’s name. (And this time it’s a lot funnier than “50 Cents.”)
*Update: The post is now live:"http://www.copyblogger.com/lede-curation-knowledge/
In the meantime, get Copyblogger delivered directly to your inbox so you don't miss a post:http://www.copyblogger.com/subscribe/