If you love it, write a review!
My book "Understanding Compression" was sent to the printers this week. I felt it appropriate to give a bit a backstory of how the book came to be, and why you should go read it ;)
Colt McAnlis is a Developer Advocate at Google focusing on Games and Performance; Before that, he was a graphics programmer in the games industry working at Blizzard, Microsoft (Ensemble), Petroglyph, and an Adjunct Professor at SMU Guildhall. Recently, he’s a UDACITY course instructor on HTML5 games and a Book Author. When he's not working with developers, Colt spends his time preparing for an invasion of giant ants from outer space.
- Texas Christian UniversityComputer Science, 2001 - 2004
- Developer Advocate for Games, 2011 - present
- Blizzard EntertainmentSenior Graphics Programmer, 2009 - 2011
- Microsoft Ensemble StudiosGraphics Programmer, 2005 - 2009
- SMU GuildhallAdjunct Professor, 2005 - 2009
- TKO SoftwareGraphics Programmer, 2005 - 2005
- PetroglyphProgramming Intern, 2004 - 2004